You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

13 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

I think De Bruyne is massively overrated, the fact people compare him to Gerrard is ludicrous.

De Bruyne as a fill in right back against Cafu in a Champions League final....I think that could get messy 

57 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

I think De Bruyne is massively overrated, the fact people compare him to Gerrard is ludicrous.

It’s an original point of view, I’ll give you that.

De Bruyne is the best midfielder in the league, maybe the best player. Whether or not he’s as good, or better, than Gerrard was is another discussion. It’s also difficult to compare, as Gerrard never had the chance to play in a team anywhere near the quality De Bruyne has played for a number of years. And the other way around obviously.

But massively overrated, have to disagree upon that.

8th now.

10 pts behind 3rd

4 pts behind 4th and 4th has a game in hand.

3 pts behind 5th and 5th has 2 games in hand.

2 pts behind 6th and 6th has a game in hand.

2 pts behind 7th and 7th has 2 games in hand.

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Everton will finish top 4 just to put the ultimate fuck you fullstop on this season. 

4th. and us winning the CL would see them miss out right ? I'd take that scenario however cuckoo it sounds at the moment us winning the CL that is. 

1 minute ago, Johnlj said:

4th. and us winning the CL would see them miss out right ? I'd take that scenario however cuckoo it sounds at the moment us winning the CL that is. 

I think England gets 5 places in that nuts scenario

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Is he as boss as I imagine him to be?

Ha, I was only a kid (just googled, and the game was in 95 so I'd have only been nine).

It was a tour match at Taunton. He was sitting on the wall waiting for Courtney to come down from the dressing room so he could play dice with him. I was walking past to get to my seat, although in all honestly it wasn't even close to full and you could sit where you wanted more less.

I noticed him there just lounging around like it was a club game. I suppose when you're one of the best test bowlers to have ever played the game a tour match at Taunton probably is like a club game. Anyway, he saw me with an expression on my face that must have said "Fucking hell, it's Curtly Ambrose". He said something in an accent so strong that I barely made out a word of what he said but he had dice in his hand and I'd seen the game before. I basically chucked the dice maybe twice, I think. I can still remember clearly now how surreal the experience was. About 30 seconds later Courtney Walsh came stumbling down from the pavillion, and I took my cue and fucked off.

I imagine the moment was as memorable for him as it was for me.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Johnlj said:

1 hour ago, an tha said:

I think England gets 5 places in that nuts scenario

Yeah a maximum of 5 places, so if the champions league and Europa league winners finish outside the top 4 then 4th place loses out.