You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

14 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Don’t know how anybody could watch a Man City game that doesn’t involve us or that probably won’t see them get knocked out of Europe. The whole thing is just completely hollow. They’re ideally suited to the whole empty stadium/fake crowd noise thing. This is truly their era. 

Couldn’t agree more it’s just so fucking boring.  Nobody will be watching them.  They don’t have fans and they don’t have a genuine rivalry.  Fans would rather City win the league than their own genuine rivals.  People aren’t watching them because nobody else has got a chance of winning the league.  The premier league will be getting very worried about it I think.  If they don’t have the viewing figures from Sky then they can expect to be receiving them.

Just had a look at the offside that everyone is calling on.  It’s comical really.  It looks to me like VAR have tried their hardest to give it.  The line is drawn from the inside of Laporte’s shoulder and he’s still offside.  Compare that to Van Dijk against United where it’s half way down his arm or even Mane against Everton or Firmino against Leicester where the line is drawn not actually touching their own body.  He’s offside under the rules and more offside than most given this season.

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

Couldn’t agree more it’s just so fucking boring.  Nobody will be watching them.  They don’t have fans and they don’t have a genuine rivalry.  Fans would rather City win the league than their own genuine rivals.  People aren’t watching them because nobody else has got a chance of winning the league.  The premier league will be getting very worried about it I think.  If they don’t have the viewing figures from Sky then they can expect to be receiving them.

I’m sure one of City’s shell corporations will be happy to top up the Premier League’s coffers if the next TV deal isn’t all they’d hope for.

Yet everyone last year wanted them to stop us winning the league to "save football". We were the only ones to push them and give them a challenge , taking their title off them for a season.  We at least made it interesting.

Wonder if Evertonians will be wanking about how great City are if they knock them out of the FA Cup in a couple of weeks stopping them winning a trophy for a 26th year?. Or if they overtake their 9 league titles in the next few seasons. 

I still find it funny that Chelsea are still only on one CL since they were reformed in 2004 and all the money they've pissed away,  inflated transfer fees and complete pisstake of the loan system.

Yet most neutral fans bang on about Liverpool being the worst club and set of fans in existence

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Yet everyone last year wanted the to stop is winning the league to "save football". 

Wonder if Evertonians will be wanking about how great City are if they knock them out of the FA Cup in a couple of weeks stopping them winning a trophy for a 26th year?. Or if they overtake their 9 league titles in the next few seasons. 

I still find it funny that Chelsea are still only on one CL since they were reformed in 2004 and all the money they've pissed away,  inflated transfer fees and complete pisstake of the loan system.

Yet most neutral fans bang on about Liverpool being the worst club and set of fans in existence

This.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Don’t know how anybody could watch a Man City game that doesn’t involve us or that probably won’t see them get knocked out of Europe. The whole thing is just completely hollow. They’re ideally suited to the whole empty stadium/fake crowd noise thing. This is truly their era. 

This. I honestly couldn't give a flying fuck what they win or how they perform. That shit isn't entertainment, it's pure cheating. 

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Will the city fans be shouting this season has an asterisk against it?

I think most football fans who aren't complete whoppers know that everything that set of cheating cunts win has a £ shaped asterix against it. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

This. I honestly couldn't give a flying fuck what they win or how they perform. That shit isn't entertainment, it's pure cheating. 

I think most football fans who aren't complete whoppers know that everything that set of cheating cunts has a £ shaped asterix against it. 

I wonder if the players and fans still sing about us when they win? Innocent fans in comas etc

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I think most football fans who aren't complete whoppers know that everything that set of cheating cunts win has a £ shaped asterix against it. 

FM with the Sugar Daddy code, high paid lawyers and a nation with dubious human rights issues behind them. 

24 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

21 straight wins, fucking hell. Law of averages say they must lose one soon. The way this shitfest of a season has gone you just know who that will be against

I really wouldn't be surprised if they won their remaining 11 league games. 

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

21 straight wins, fucking hell. Law of averages say they must lose one soon. The way this shitfest of a season has gone you just know who that will be against

21 wins?! I really don't know how pep does it. A genius of our time.

7 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Wonder why West Ham, Aston Villa and Everton haven't been banging on for the season to be voided. Is is because they aren't in danger of being relegated this season and one of their city rivals aren't going to win the league?

20210303_092321.jpg

20210303_092328.jpg

20210303_092332.jpg

8 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Aye. City winning the league is as close as you can get to null and void without null and void, and that makes sure everyone keeps their TV £££ and the other main prizes in the league still get settled. Nobody's that arsed and there's a nice straightforward explanation for it. It's like we can go "oh yeah well done" and everyone gets on with talking about West Ham in the top 6 or celebrating Fulham's potential Great Escape.

Last year there was a big problem - scousers winning the league boils a lot of piss (not to mention a 'hilarious' "never won the PL" comfort blanket was going to get snatched away) and there had to be grudging respect for the manner in which it was achieved. For a lot of fans, seeing a nuclear explosion to the finances of the PL and all the other prizes get chucked out at the same time was preferable, because it's a sport infested by cunts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2