You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

I’d honestly put them up there with the biggest cheats in the league.  Atkinson is the perfect referee for them as well.  Clueless decision after clueless decision.  Just falling for every bit of nonsense they do.  Honestly even as I’m typing it.  He’s just horrific.  The non booking of Digne for a bad tackle stopping a chance followed by a Southampton player getting the first yellow for winning the ball and not touching Calvert Lewin sums him up.

It’s funny how much grief Salah gets when it’s so obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes can tell that sides like Everton clearly train on how to make their dives look more like free kicks.  Salah and Mane are so bad at making genuine contact look like a foul.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Pickford, Holgate and Richarlison for a start 

Holgate has a grid that i would punch to exhaustion then pay 20 lads whatever they wanted to keep punching until i was fit to takeover again.

Rinse and repeat for about 15 years.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Im a optomistic kind of person but Southampton won with an absolute fluke goal by Danny Ings. Sure, they all count and we lost but we could have had Virgil and the whole 1st choice 11 out and still lost to that fluke, pretty much like when we shipped 7 at Villa.

While I take your point, fluke goals happen. They don't win games by themselves. We had 90 mins to put it right and failed miserably.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

While I take your point, fluke goals happen. They don't win games by themselves. We had 90 mins to put it right and failed miserably.

But they can win games by themselves, that was my point. But you're missing my point. We shipped 7 at Villa even with van Dijk in the team.

Inter and Pirelli sponsorship deal to end as club owners cease operations of Chinese football clubs.

Inter Milan and Pirelli will end their shirt sponsorship deal at the end of the season, bringing an end to one of football's most iconic partnerships.

The logo of the Italian tyre manufacturer has been emblazoned across Inter shirts since the start of the 1995-96 season as the club has won multiple Serie A titles and the Champions League

But their shirt sponsorship deal, worth around £10million-per-season plus bonuses will not be extended beyond the end of the season, Pirelli chief executive Marco Tronchetti Provera has announced.

We are in talks with (Alessandre) Antonello, (Beppe) Marotta (chief executives) and other Inter directors,' he told Gr Parlamento.

'We won't be Inter's kit sponsor anymore, but our relationship with the club will continue.' 

Reports in Italy back in September revealed Chinese property development company Evergrande Group was an option to replace Pirelli. 

It remains to be seen how the financial impact of the deal's termination will affect Inter after their owners, Suning Group, halted operations at its Chinese football clubs due to financial jeopardy over the weekend.

An announcement from the company stated all of the clubs in its stable, including the recently-crowned Chinese Super League champions Jiangsu FC, would 'cease operations'.

Suning is one of China's largest retailers and also owns Inter - but now plans to focus on core businesses, which leaves its non-retail assets at risk. 

Inter were forced to reiterate Suning's financial commitment to the club in a statement designed to reassure supporters.

'As part of ongoing capital structure and liquidity management, the business and our ownership are in talks to provide a range of solutions in this respect,' the club said.

'While Suning have confirmed their commitment to financially support the club with or without additional external support, it is also sensible and prudent to look outside. 

'With that in mind, Suning appointed key advisers in Asia to work with them to find suitable partners, be that with an injection of equity capital or otherwise.

'Talks with key potential partners in this respect remain ongoing.' 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9316125/Inter-Milan-Pirelli-bring-legendary-shirt-sponsorship-deal-end.html

45 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

But they can win games by themselves, that was my point. But you're missing my point. We shipped 7 at Villa even with van Dijk in the team.

If you look at all our games this season, the villa game was the biggest fluke. Southampton was more 'par for the course'.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

If you look at all our games this season, the villa game was the biggest fluke. Southampton was more 'par for the course'.

Which again is my point. Fluke goals can win games. A team can be on their game and for whatever reason, lose because of 1 or more fluke goals even when you have a better team out.

2 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Good, get it out of his system on their time, learning curve for the lad.

Not having a pop at him, all we see is the highlights when he plays well. Worth bringing the hype down a bit, he's a kid it will happen. 

Don’t know how anybody could watch a Man City game that doesn’t involve us or that probably won’t see them get knocked out of Europe. The whole thing is just completely hollow. They’re ideally suited to the whole empty stadium/fake crowd noise thing. This is truly their era. 

• Upvote 3