You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

Leicester lose Barnes and Evans, following on from Maddison. This is the strain that leads to collapses. We can catch these if we get our shit together. 

With Chelsea I just think they have too many players for this scenario to affect them that badly and their squad is built with much of a muchness. Ask 10 people Chelsea's most important player and you probably get 7 or 8 different answers. For this season I'd like them to win, they will win enough matches to qualify the CL.

Man Utd have played the same team all year, the dominoes could easily topple over for the them in the way it has for us. Just a pulled muscle or 2 away from the Ole out brigade clearing their throats and dusting down the Norwich scarves. 

26 minutes ago, DaveT said:

I’ve seen Legends matches with more intensity than this Leicester match. Lockdown footy is so shit. The pundits must be happy that the clownish and corrupt referees are providing something for them to blather on about. 

No - I heard an advert on the radio before for Now TV / Sky Sports saying it was an exciting title race. 

Yeah, sure. 

• Upvote 1

Some teams clearly do raise their game. We had that Spanish or was it Italian team clog us to death in the pre season friendly after winning number 6. Some lower league teams clearly raise their game in cup games. To any team in the PL, taking the reigning Champions scalp is something prized. everton raise their game every time they play us.

35 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

We brokeded them.

All jokes aside, i doubt it's got very much to do with them raising their game against us, we're just absolutely fucking useless at the moment.

Is right.

We are losing so many games because we are broken - we lose to good sides, we lose to bad sides....our form over last couple of months or so is more or less relegation form and we have got absolutely what we have deserved from those games.

Whether its individual mistakes, collapses, wasted chances, failure to turn dominance into goals - whatever, it all adds up to same thing - losing, the excuses and could have, should have, what if, they raised their game shouts (how about we raise fucking ours, look at state of how meekly we came out v fucking that shower last week,after everything that had happened)  mean fuck all...and people who trot them out are in denial...

The cold hard facts are we have been losing/not winning football matches because we deserve to lose them/haven't done enough to win them.

When you go as long as we have with this kind of run of results it isn't a blip or a case of teams raising their game, its simply a case of it is very easy to beat us/get results against us.

Southampton, Brighton, Burnley - all dogshite, but beat us recently and deserved their wins.

I actually fancy us to at least stop the bleeding today as away and even against a defensive team like Sheff Utd, we should get a bit more space as game wears on and we should be able to exploit it....our only decent displays of late have come away, where get a bit more space and can exploit it.

Everybody has worked out how to stifle us at Anfield - even dross like WBA, Brighton and Burnley and we haven't helped ourselves by being totally predictable.

The question is can we turn it around from here - no Henderson - centre half situation still a total mess, players out of form and low on confidence all over park....we need something to change...

First of all i want to see some fucking fight and some pride in the shirt - that would be a start!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, No2 said:

Of course its VAR fault. VAR turned from a goal ruled out to a goal still ruled out in farcical circumstances 2 minutes later. Without the VAR a competent ref can quickly explain his error away and move on. A whistle has been blown a million times before and then instantly blown again to signify an error in the first whistle.

I don’t know if that sarcasm or not but I’ve spotted an issue with your post.

14 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

Incidentally, Dermot Gallagher was on Irish radio a couple of weeks back. Speaking in his Irish accent. Which is quite distinct from his Sky Sports accent. 

Weirdo. 

It would be interesting to hear that. Was it on OffTheBall? I might try find if it's available on a podcast. One accent or the other is a fraud, so it's natural to think he's putting on a persona to suit his audience. Which Dermot Gallagher do we listen to, or trust, if either?

• Upvote 1