You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

It's annoying to see the praise Pep gets for winning things with some of the greatest players ever and/or the biggest cheque book in footballing history, but other than that I couldn't give a fuck about them winning if we're not. Far better that steroid-induced outfit than the real mancs or (stop laughing at the back) Everton. 

One day their angry little fanbase will cop on that, no matter how much they hate us and United, the majority of our fanbases will still cheer them on over Liverpool or United because they're not seen as a real rival - just a moneyed interloper. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They won the domestic treble and nobody give a shit because its like buying stuff with your parents money and passing it off as a product of your own success. An oil state is using its money as a PR exercise and in the process choking the game to death like an uppity cityzen revealing the truth. 

Made all the sweeter by the bald twat having the hump on for most of the following season as we'd pissed all over their parade with that comeback and subsequently lifting the one trophy he craves more than anything. 

• Downvote 1

Why is Lee Mason still allowed to officiate games lol.

gives free kick to Brighton (correct call)

blows whistle whilst Johnstone is setting up wall

dunk takes and scores 

mason disallows

then gives the goal

then var finds something wrong

and now he’s going to the monitor 

and now var says no goal

free kick retaken....

hahahhhahahahhahahahahhahahahahah

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Grinch said:

Fans getting back into the stadiums won't save this sham of a sport.  On its last legs. 

Not sure fans will be in a rush to queue outside turnstiles the way this is going, they’re finding new ways to make a mockery of the game.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’d go as far as to say it’s one of the worst pieces of officiating I’ve ever seen.

It's like I said in the review of the week thread, the attacking team has now lost the ability to take a quick free kick. They're now saying VAR disallowed the goal for some reason, 2 'offside' players who arent interfering with play or some other obscure reason?

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

It’s not VAR’s fault. That’s Mason’s fault all the way. 

I agree but VAR is now saying he blew his whistle a 2nd time before the ball crossed the goal line so no goal. I havent a clue why he blew a 2nd time? Keeper not ready? Didnt stop them allowing hazard's free kick when Mig was still lining up the wall.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It's like I said in the review of the week thread, the attacking team has now lost the ability to take a quick free kick. They're now saying VAR disallowed the goal for some reason, 2 'offside' players who arent interfering with play or some other obscure reason?

I’m on Sky Go on my iPad so maybe a minute or so behind you. Just seen the half time analysis and they didn’t mention offside.

I’m thoroughly unconvinced the 2nd whistle was blown before the ball went in.