You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

10 minutes ago, niallers said:

Leicester losing meaning they won't have any midweek games to accrue injuries and the like for their run in. Long shot to catch them i know, but even harder now. Cunt season

Leicester are over the hills...

We are at the very best fighting Chelsea for 4th and even that looks extremely unlikely.

Sima took his goal well and his general play looked decent. Probably not our standard but I wouldn’t mind betting someone takes a punt on him.

Prague obviously saw this as their final and played as if their lives depended on winning.

Defended robustly and bravely, weren’t afraid to go forward in numbers when possible, Leicester had 60% possession but Prague had the same number of attempts on goal and 3 on target as opposed to 5 by Leicester, proving, as we have been finding out, goals win you games not possession stats.

31 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Brendan Rodgers getting knocked out of europe so he can concentrate on qualifying for the Champions league and rest players in it to concentrate on the league. 

Auld Brendan is an ambitious guy, this is a bad result for him. His European record is shocking, its enough to rule him out of contention for the next big job that comes on the scene.

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Haha seriously?

I don't know - I didn't watch it (to quote someone else "I mean why would I?") but I saw the clip on Twitter and somebody mentioned that Scholes begrudgingly said it might be a foul and reasonable enough to rule it out, but he obviously thought it was a fair challenge, really.

Makes sense given his style of tackling!

Just now, Manny said:

I don't know - I didn't watch it (to quote someone else "I mean why would I?") but I saw the clip on Twitter and somebody mentioned that Scholes begrudgingly said it might be a foul and reasonable enough to rule it out, but he obviously thought it was a fair challenge, really.

Makes sense given his style of tackling!

I can imagine him saying it but Scholes appears to one of those really dry blokes that you can't tell if he's being serious or joking until you know him quite well.

6 hours ago, Elite said:

I can imagine him saying it but Scholes appears to one of those really dry blokes that you can't tell if he's being serious or joking until you know him quite well.

Was just thinking that.

He's the kind of bloke that might be a friend of a friend but you come across at a big event like a stag. It takes you the full weekend to figure out if he's sound or a complete knobhead.

Of the bt crew, Keown would be sound until he gets on the ale and he'd be kicking off. Macca would take take the pranks too far and leave the best man tied to a lampost naked outside a mosque in the roughest part of town. Hargreaves would be non descript and Ferdinand would be a complete knob. Crouchy would be a legend and yeah that Joe Cole I wouldn't even mention.