You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

Just now, Red Shift said:

We need Citeh to take points off all our potential top 4 rivals now, if we cant win the thing. That gives us a chance of top 4. Spurs thrashed, great. Everton just beaten by Fulham, great. Utd could only draw, great. 

keep it coming.

This. All title hopes obviously long gone. Top 4 is all that matters, and whether it’s 2nd, 3rd or 4th doesnt matter.

The results of Spurs, United and Everton made things look a tiny bit brighter, and means if we can only get back to decent form, doesnt have to be great, we should be able to get the necessary points in the bank.

• Upvote 1

Jim Beglin is a fucking disgrace. Pisses and moans about players going to ground easily (and went as far as criticizing Mo for it after he got clipped in the box)

The Maguire one yesterday though? Enough in it for him to feel entitled to go down, apparently. Unbelievable. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, A_S said:

Jim Beglin is a fucking disgrace. Pisses and moans about players going to ground easily (and went as far as criticizing Mo for it after he got clipped in the box)

The Maguire one yesterday though? Enough in it for him to feel entitled to go down, apparently. Unbelievable. 

I wish someone had the balls to pull these cunts on this. Shearer is an absolute cunt for it. 

Sick of this 'contact so entitled to go down' shite that loads of these pundits use when it suits.

It is bollocks anyway, but it is even worse when they throw it around with absolutely no consistency whatsoever.

Even worse is none of the presenters/other pundits ever pull them up on it.

52 minutes ago, an tha said:

Sick of this 'contact so entitled to go down' shite that loads of these pundits use when it suits.

It is bollocks anyway, but it is even worse when they throw it around with absolutely no consistency whatsoever.

Even worse is none of the presenters/other pundits ever pull them up on it.

They're like an old boys network arent they? I remember that tit lineker giving MoTM to Bryan Robson one game and his justification was 'oh well, he gives it me when he's doing the punditry so I'll give it him.' Seriously? Just fuck off with that level of nonsense.

Shearer just stands in the striker's corner so just says the striker is right to do this or that.

Same reason they dont criticise other players, they know they'll never get an interview with them if they do.

What level of 'punditry' is that apart from being shit and myopic?

The only decent ones I know are Wrighty and hate to admit it, Neville. The rest are just shit nodding dogs on a car's rear window shelf.

Gladbach coach Marco Rose has confirmed that he will take over at Dortmund in the summer. I know that in the Bundesliga there is a culture of getting deals done early, but when it comes to changing teams, I wonder if players will continue to give their all or whether they'll play it safe to try and avoid injuries, and whether players will continue to give their all for a manager they know will be off soon. I'm not saying that is always the case as there are examples of players stepping it up once they know the coach is leaving soon. Bayern in 2013 announced Guardiola would replace Heynckes in the summer but then went on a great run to win the Bundesliga, DFB Pokal and Champions League.

6 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

State of this Manc cunt who has been watching Arsenal fan tv too much.

That is brilliant I wonder if he cried himself to sleep. I've still yet to meet a single Liverpool fan who has said we done the double or that it's the greatest Premier league team ever. Sky sports kept on about it because we ran away with the league until the lockdown. Also none of the actual facts back up this worse champions ever. Where City ever labelled worse champions ever! when they were 22 points behind us last season, no they have to create this type of shit up to make themselves feel better. He has zero context beyond his hate and if that's what sport does to you he needs to fuck it off.

8 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

They're like an old boys network arent they? I remember that tit lineker giving MoTM to Bryan Robson one game and his justification was 'oh well, he gives it me when he's doing the punditry so I'll give it him.' Seriously? Just fuck off with that level of nonsense.

Shearer just stands in the striker's corner so just says the striker is right to do this or that.

Same reason they dont criticise other players, they know they'll never get an interview with them if they do.

The only decent ones I know are Wrighty and hate to admit it, Neville. The rest are just shit nodding dogs on a car's rear window shelf.

I've thought Leon Osman has been alright the couple of times I've seen him on MOTD. 

8 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Agree on Neville (as much as pains me) 

I am indifferent to Wright - although he is far from being the worst.

McCoist as a co-commentator on the couple or so times he has done it with Amazon was great - a real break from the usual agenda driven shite.