You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

Somethings not right. My history on this site will show that I’ve long held the opinion that blaming the referee is the last refuge of the desperate and I both held and voiced this opinion when we were shite so my integrity on the issue is authentic and corroborated. This season though, something stinks. Why and how I can’t say but somethings going on.

5 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

Renewed joint warning from FIFA & UEFA that any players participating in a breakaway European Super League would be banned from playing in the World Cup or Euros

Sounds like another  good reason for a breakaway league. 

• Upvote 3

Didn't see anything wrong with the City "offside" goal. Looked dodgy but no rules were broken as far as I know. The handball penalty is always going to be given these days so Villa can't complain about that. The only thing I'd moan about is that I know for a fact neither of those decisions would have been given to us.

3 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Didn't see anything wrong with the City "offside" goal. Looked dodgy but no rules were broken as far as I know. The handball penalty is always going to be given these days so Villa can't complain about that. The only thing I'd moan about is that I know for a fact neither of those decisions would have been given to us.

You're not fooling anyone Micah.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, aws said:

The City goal was offside because Mings didn't "play" it accidentally or otherwise to the striker.  The striker closed him down and then tackled him from an offside position. 

If the rule was interpreted the way Moss and his assistant(s) have done in this instance and (especially) the Kane/Lovren farce, there would be litterally hundreds more goals scored across Europe over the last couple of years.

I can sort of understand why Mings was adjudged to have "played the ball" as he had two attempts to trap it, with chest and foot, and with a sizable amount of time passing. The Lovren one though, fuck right off. Glanced his foot into the path of Kane. Deflections like that are very common. If someone is bothered to search, a similar thing happened with Maguire earlier this year, ball fell into the attackers feet and he put it away. Care to guess the result? Offside of course. May have been against West Ham.

18 hours ago, No2 said:

Both Madrid sides and Bayern knocked out of the cup by teams I've never heard off. What's this about, a freak occurrence or big clubs trying to free up the calendar?

Watched the Real Madrid game. They took it seriously, had a strong team out, and were simply fucking shit. Loads want Zidane out, he basically did fuck all while a load of semi professionals took the piss out of them. 

Isco, by the way, might as well retire. Absolutely shot to pieces. 

7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Lets be real. Its red or blue mancs. That's the likelihood.

Yeah, they’re currently the two best teams in the league by a considerable distance, and it’s very hard to see that changing anytime soon given that they'll invest from a position of strength.

I think City will be fine without De Bruyne. He was injured far more in 18/19 than he was last season and they have this thing called a squad which, as far as I can tell, is some sort of sorcery that stops great teams from dissolving into mid-table outfits overnight. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 21/01/2021 at 18:18, Funkasy said:

Renewed joint warning from FIFA & UEFA that any players participating in a breakaway European Super League would be banned from playing in the World Cup or Euros

They can warn all they want, but if the best players in the world joined a breakaway league they’d fold. As if they’d have a World Cup minus the world’s best foiotballers.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

They can warn all they want, but if the best players in the world joined a breakaway league they’d fold. As if they’d have a World Cup minus the world’s best foiotballers.

Absolute fact. You’d have a World Cup being shown on Monday and Thursdays on channel 5 with less appeal than the women’s World Cup. Truth be told though I’m not that keen on seeing us dismantled by top teams week in week out while the owners pocket hundreds of millions at the same time as crying poverty.