You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

The Premier League has formally agreed to trial the use of permanent concussion substitutes.

Clubs approved the trial during a shareholders meeting on Wednesday, although there is no start date yet.

The trial will begin when the "implementation of the reporting processes" has been resolved.

The new rule means up to two permanent substitutions can be made in the event of head injuries, even if all replacements have already been used.

To avoid potential abuse of the rule, opposition teams will also be able to make a change at the same time.

So fully expect a mass of concussed forwards when the likes of Shams and Mourinho teams are in the lead with 5 mins left

12 minutes ago, therevivalist said:

So what is the tactical position here? I wouldn't like a City loss because of a Manc advantage. A draw would be nice.

Why wouldn’t you want our main rival, or one of them, to lose? Because it give the other Mancs an advantage? This early in the season? I worry about us, so I want any team that’s likely to be top 4 to lose. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Could never be happy with City winning the league even if they finished above United.

An absolutely obnoxious fan base with some thoroughly unlikeable players before we even talk about their owners. 

Singing songs about Sean Cox just about sums them up. 

Agree with you there, Ronnie. The united fanbase and some of their players are absolute dregs as well though. Id rather Spurs or Leicester win it if we dont.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Agree with you there, Ronnie. The united fanbase and some of their players are absolute dregs as well though. Id rather Spurs or Leicester win it if we dont.

Yeah I agree Docker. I like Leicester. Only think is Linekar and Smudger Smith would be unbearable.

I actually like Villa. Really good side. Don't think they could win it, but think they have an outside chance of top 4.