You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

10 minutes ago, Em City said:

Brighton play really good football, but ruin most of it by having Maupay up front.

It's not just him. The general decision making in the final third is abysmal. They play decent technical football and it's all a complete waste of time. 

20 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Mission Finish-Sixth-In-A-One-Horse-Race is proceeding superbly.

7 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Aah takes me back to 1997!

So having at most a three point lead at anyone time after 17 games is considered blowing a league title now.?...

Boy Klopp really setts a high benchmark ..

Caught parts of the City game and most of this spurs game. Its so to clear to see which set of players have played about 12 games more in the last 3 months. It gives me hope in many ways, hoping our 12 days with just a training session at Villa will have refreshed the mind and bodies.

19 minutes ago, No2 said:

Caught parts of the City game and most of this spurs game. Its so to clear to see which set of players have played about 12 games more in the last 3 months. It gives me hope in many ways, hoping our 12 days with just a training session at Villa will have refreshed the mind and bodies.

I always think the same thing after we’ve had a decent few days break or week to prepare.

more often than not we perform poorly after a break I’m not sure why as you’d have thought with needing to play at high energy it would help the players in order to recharge and perform well

Fulham play nice football. Full of pace as well. Fair play to Captain Scottie Parker MBE. Come a long way from the shambles they were in the first few weeks of the season.

I think they will stay up and possibly with a good bit to spare. 

They deserved to beat us, although maybe I'm being harsh because I was so pissed off about our performance.

City didn't look great. They have one great player in De Bruyne and some really good ones, but they are a pale shadow of two or three years ago. They get a few injuries and they could be in bother. They have the best squad in the league though.

United have so many weaknesses but the 6/1 I've seen online is very generous odds. Third or fourth best team in the league but Spurs Spurs it up each time and City and us are flakey. No great team in the league right now and they have a proper team spirit. They remind me of us in 2013/2014. 

It's going to be a mad few weeks with a tough run of games but the key will be beating the two Mancs, Everton, Brighton, Burnley and West Ham and a solid two points from Leicester and Spurs away. The other teams will have much harder games coming up so if we are top or 2-3 points from top, then we are strong favourites imo.

3 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Anyone been watching the Copa Libertadores?

BBC iPlayer has the full semi finals (both legs) between Boca Juniors v Santos and River Plate vs Palmeiras

Santos vs Boca 2nd leg was last night. 

Cracking stuff 

The Santos player went all Neymar when the Boca player stamped on him. It was a hell of a stamp mind you, proper old school 1960s Intercontinental Cup shithousery.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Trumo said:

The Santos player went all Neymar when the Boca player stamped on him. It was a hell of a stamp mind you, proper old school 1960s Intercontinental Cup shithousery.

Proper old school stamp, could see it coming with Boca getting heavier with the Santos players after the goal in the lead up to it.