You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

2 minutes ago, skaro said:

But I don't get what you're on about here - are you saying they were able to take a covid hit (you know, kind of quietly let it happen) and thus get a game off, and then still win their next game because they have a big squad?

How have they ended up being rewarded

By beating a shit Chelsea?

Because they got a break due to having a game canceled during the busy Xmas period. Due to the own poor behaviour of their players. Chelsea have had the usual 3 games in about 7 days thing. City got a rest.

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Because they got a break due to having a game canceled during the busy Xmas period. Due the own poor behaviour of their players. Chelsea have had the usual 3 games in about 7 days thing. City got a rest.

Which means, with two games in hand now, their fixtures will eventually pile up elsewhere, later:  they could end up being "punished", especially if they make the League Cup Final, and stay in the FA and European Cups too.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, skaro said:

Which means, with two games in hand now, their fixtures will eventually pile up elsewhere, later:  they could end up being "punished" later, especially if they make the League Cup Final, and stay in the FA and European Cups too.

They still got a break during the most congested part of the year. And it's been to their advantage today, compared to Chelsea. That's the point. They should have been forced to play against Everton. It's nonsense that they were given respite there, given the context. Yes, it may congest their fixture schedule somewhere else. Doesn't matter right now though, does it.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

They still got a break during the most congested part of the year. And it's been to their advantage today, compared to Chelsea. That's the point. They should have been forced to play against Everton. It's nonsense that they were given respite there. Yes, it may congest their fixture schedule somewhere else. Doesn't matter right now though, does it.

No it doesn't matter right now, but it means it will even out in the end.... and at some stage when they have to play a shitload of games later in the season, we can all say it serves them right.  Or, I guess we can complain about how they've bought such a huge squad through unfair financial practices, and can therefore cope better with busy schedules.

I think this idea that city will have a crammed schedule during the remainder of the season so wont be able to cope is a bit fanciful. They've hardly got their first 11 out here and are giving chelsea a bumming. Against the fodder of the PL and FA Cup if they bother, they can put out a similar team and still win even in a heavy schedule.

These are a far bigger danger than the other lot and the fucking gimp running them will ever be.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, skaro said:

But I don't get what you're on about here - are you saying they were able to take a covid hit (you know, kind of quietly let it happen) and thus get a game off, and then still win their next game because they have a big squad?

How have they ended up being rewarded

By beating a shit Chelsea?

He's making no damn sense.

The outbreak was their fault. Yeah and so, that means the Premier League should have allowed the game to go ahead vs Everton when they were not sure at that point if more players had been infected or not. So let's compromise more players on both sides just because some Liverpool fans would be angry at City getting a "few days extra of rest". Forgetting we did fuck all with our own 8 day period of rest.

And also ignoring the fact that games had been cancelled before and after  which didnt involve City. And I certainly didn't see all this cryarsing when those other cancellations took place.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

I think this idea that city will have a crammed schedule during the remainder of the season so wont be able to cope is a bit fanciful. They've hardly got their first 11 out here and are giving chelsea a bumming. Against the fodder of the PL and FA Cup if they bother, they can put out a similar team and still win even in a heavy schedule.

These are a far bigger danger than the other lot and the fucking gimp running them will ever be.

There are plenty of dangers.
There are potentially 6 teams within about 3 points of each other.

7 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

He's making no damn sense.

The outbreak was their fault. Yeah and so, that means the Premier League should have allowed the game to go ahead vs Everton when they were not sure at that point if more players had been infected or not. So let's compromise more players on both sides just because some Liverpool fans would be angry at City getting a "few days extra of rest". Forgetting we did fuck all with our own 8 day period of rest.

And also ignoring the fact that games had been cancelled before and after  which didnt involve City. And I certainly didn't see all this cryarsing when those other cancellations took place.

You're the one talking shite. Shakhtar beat Real Madrid when they had like 10 cases earlier this season. City were done a huge favour here, there's no doubt about it. It's not about safety, it's about accountability. 

So were Fulham but no one gives a shit about them, so I wasn't gonna mention them, was I. And also Everton weren't exactly happy about the cancelation either, did you read their statement? Probably because they knew it was fucking bullshit.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

The kip on Fwank there. Not working out so he has a titty lip on a face like thunder. How about you try and manage your team, you fat fuck instead of having a gob on yer.

He’s too busy with other things and can’t multitask. Still in their honeymoon rogering period, no doubt.

A01C7103-1DF2-4AB3-AC22-3025C9126B1F.jpeg

Man City had a game called off 4 hours before kick off because they weren't in control of close contacts or pretended they weren't. There are rules in place for this that should be followed. Ireland lost half a team for 2 separate games earlier this season by following the protocols. They're a dodgy club with at least 2 players that have repeatedly broken lockdown rules, they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt and I won't be giving it to them. The truth here is they had 8 positive tests, if they followed the protocols they probably would have ended up with half the squad isolating so instead went for the confusion route.

Its worth noting before the Everton game only 1 match was postponed and that was flagged well in advance and called a couple of days before.  What had happened since is irrelevant as once City got the clearance to skip a game it became a free for all.

• Upvote 3

Ive never been so disillusioned with football as I am now. Forget centre halves, the league is a total shit show.

VAR, refereeing, teams parking the bus, stupid injury lists, Man U pens, teams getting benefits from breaking rules and no fans, I'm sick of it all. This past week has really tested my patience of the sport I've loved all my life, but it is an absolute fucking mess these days, top or not.

• Upvote 3