You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

5 minutes ago, BCM said:

Weve been playing in the oppositions half most of the games weve played. The biggest problem we have is our final ball and the link up play by our forwards.  We've scored 1 in 2 games. 

Jota is the biggest miss at the moment

Correct. Oppo fans talk bollocks about us having had no injuries last season. This season or rather the first 16 games has been fucking mental. We've lost van Dijk, Thiago and Jota to what all should have been red card challenges.

In the case of van Dijk, Ive long held the view that a 3 game ban isnt sufficient when the player injured is out long term with a broken leg or ACL as some of these can be career ending.

Once a player picks up a couple of injuries in quick succession, they seem to pick up more. Whether that's because they somehow try and compensate for the previous injury I dont know.

Matip is known to being 'nursed' by the club through these injuries. But, our probelms really arent at the back as we arent shipping goals. It's up front. @The Guest has said it. Mo and Sadio seem of different wavelengths. They seem to want the Golden Boot more than give the other the chance to score for the team.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

Nor do I buy into some organised conspiracy to hand Utd the title. Do you honestly think the FA could get away with some covert plan to pressurise officials at all levels to favour the Mancs without at least one person blowing the whistle. Until I see some credible evidence that is happening it gets filed in the Donald Trump election fraud column.   

Forget ‘conspiracies’ just use your own eyes and compare the sample size of games over a 18 month period against ours. We won the league last year despite this because we were so fucking relentless. Now we’ve normalised these decisions will mean more. We should be 4 points better off, plus how many more would they have dropped with competent officiating? As for Trump (who’s a cunt) look into Dominion voting machines, dodgy as fuck.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

Forget ‘conspiracies’ just use your own eyes and compare the sample size of games over a 18 month period against ours. We won the league last year despite this because we were so fucking relentless. Now we’ve normalised these decisions will mean more. We should be 4 points better off, plus how many more would they have dropped with competent officiating? As for Trump (who’s a cunt) look into Dominion voting machines, dodgy as fuck.

Oh dear god it's another fucking nutcase.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

?

Sorry mate that was probably uncalled for. Just had enough of the woe is me posts on here over the past couple of weeks and took it out on you. Also doesn't help that the last user to mention the 'dominion voting machines' turned out to be a fruitcake.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Herp McDerp said:

Sorry mate that was probably uncalled for. Just had enough of the woe is me posts on her over the past couple of weeks and took it out on you. Also doesn't help that the last user to mention the 'dominion voting machines' turned out to be a fruitcake.

No offence taken mate, I’ll take the undies off my head and pencil out my nose now. Wibble.

Yes hopefully we can all be more positive as the year and season goes on.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

In the case of van Dijk, Ive long held the view that a 3 game ban isnt sufficient when the player injured is out long term with a broken leg or ACL as some of these can be career ending.

That's if they even get a 3 match ban. Absolutely nothing in the case of Dino Paws, which was an accumulation of dreadful officiating, during and after the event.

1 hour ago, Halcyon Days said:

Sorry mate I'm not buying it without credible evidence that officials have deliberately favourably influenced the outcome of games in Utd favour . 

united have been getting favourable decisions since ferguson. They regularly got 5 or more added minutes to their games, famously getting 9 added minutes against Sheffield Wednesday that all but clinched ferguson's first Premier League title. They also get their fair share of 'soft' pens which has re surfaced in the last 12 or so months.

Im not into conspiracy theories about the league wanting them to be Champions any more than they did us last season. It just continually pisses me off they get so many soft pens. That one on pogba last night, fuck me, Keita was hacked down at Anfield against Leicester 2 seasons ago and the ref waved play on!