You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

9 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Ridiculously lucky winning goal tonight, but that's them all over. Any side that gets as much rub of the green as they do will be a threat as long as we keep dropping points to shit teams.

We always play shit at Old Trafford as well which doesn't fucking help.

Aboit time we changed the tide at the toilet.

Just now, Arnaud said:

Spurs are ni I threat really, they rely too much on Kane and Son, who are starting to get tired a little bit.

City and maybe United are our rivals, let see the table after the Burnley game. 4 wins in a row please !

I only put Spurs in because Mourinho will do anything to grind out points. And Kane and Son are quite good no matter how much they rely on them.

Probably should go back to 15% for United and move Spurs to 10% but Ole and that back 4 FFS, just can't see it.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

If they were winning every game they would be ahead of us.

I think they are even less than 15% chance now that i think about it.

LFC - 50%

MCFC - 25%

Spurs - 15%

MU - 10%

Leicester - 0%

Chelsea - 0%

We're generally evens to win the league so the bookmakers agree with you regarding us. City are between 7/4 and 2/1 so maybe they'd be more like 35% (which I think I agree with). United 8/1, Spurs 17/1 (which seems like pretty good value). Chelsea 25s, and Leicester and Everton both 50s. 

I still could only see us, City, or Spurs winning the league. And Spurs only if us and City really fuck up and end up on somewhere around 80 points. 

If we sign a centreback we'll finish with 85-90 points and probably just pip City to the league. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I think they will be top three with us and City, but honestly don't see them winning it. Anything that could go wrong has gone wrong for us and we are still ahead of them , while they have had inordinate good luck and hardly any injuries. This won't go on all season.

I like your thinking

• Upvote 1

Given their momentum and our state of inertia, Scum have no less a chance than City or Liverpool to win the league. I wouldn't even count out Spurs, Chelsea and Leicester despite their current bad form. So, we should stop kidding ourselves and get our act together without much delay. A CB is a must this window while also involving creative players like Shakiri and Diego (hope he's returning tomorrow) more and more. Our midfield is stale at the moment. And then Mo and Sadio need a kick up the arse as well. They're a shadow of themselves now just going through the motion.

We can slag Ole off all we like but they are just two off us and we have a serious injury crisis. 

Fernandes is outstanding and Cavani still has it. Two players that can drag teams over the line. Players like Rashford are very good also. The biggest thing they have is a team spirit. A lot of late goals and credit to the fuckers that counts for a huge amount in a title race. Throw in that they generally get decisions go their way and 8 or 9/1 odds are a steal for the betting man.

I make them a very dangerous outsider and I wouldn't be shocked if they turn ys over at Anfield in a few weeks.

52 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The League title is between Liverpool and City.

United, Chelsea and Spurs will have some decent results and the Champions or top two won't have the kind of leads that we've seen in the last three years, but it's still between us and City.

This. This is new to Olli, he'll shit the bed at some point. I hate those jammy thunder cunts 

8 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

We can slag Ole off all we like but they are just two off us and we have a serious injury crisis. 

Fernandes is outstanding and Cavani still has it. Two players that can drag teams over the line. Players like Rashford are very good also. The biggest thing they have is a team spirit. A lot of late goals and credit to the fuckers that counts for a huge amount in a title race. Throw in that they generally get decisions go their way and 8 or 9/1 odds are a steal for the betting man.

I make them a very dangerous outsider and I wouldn't be shocked if they turn ys over at Anfield in a few weeks.

Hate to say I agree with every word in this post.

They’re key players are Fernandes and Rashford, who are both world class in my opinion. If Cavani can stay fit he’ll bring experience and mentality.

Their weakness is the tactics, I reckon they’re still more or less at the ‘let the lads go out and express themselves’ stage when it comes to the tactics. Which is why their players are better than their team. But individual brilliance, avoiding injuries to key players and a strange season overall could see them go far.