You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

2 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

They're getting battered three nil at home because they're shit. We didn't batter them because we played like shit, and thought a one goal lead would be enough.

Make that 4 

Been watching the Arse game which was probably a mistake .   Their performance against Chavs was a blip given their display so far, 

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

WBA tonight makes me more annoyed about our result with them.

Fuck Allerdyce, we should have murdered them as well. 

Ye. I didn’t take that draw well the other night. It’s bothered me more than I expected. Maybe because we went 1 up and it was a chance to extend our lead at the top and step on the throat of the rest of the league.

6 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Ye. I didn’t take that draw well the other night. It’s bothered me more than I expected. Maybe because we went 1 up and it was a chance to extend our lead at the top and step on the throat of the rest of the league.

Yeah, it’s really pissed me off as well. 

I wonder if we’ve become a bit complacent against these lesser sides? Poor start at Brighton and then couldn’t hold on, dreadful start at Fulham and couldn’t force a winner & seemingly just thought we’d cruise against WBA...

Hopefully a big result on performance tomorrow & v Southampton because if not, we’re given Citeh encouragement & they have a incredibly easy fixture list in January, which can’t be said about us.

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

He was never going to play a home game like he did with his away game against us though. Im not surprised Leeds are battering them.

I don’t care how WBA have set up tonight. 

WBA weren't the first nor will be the last team to come to Anfield and stick everybody behind the ball. We should have dealt with it better. Yes, all the WBA players stuck to their roles diligently etc etc but we didn’t do enough. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Yeah, it’s really pissed me off as well. 

I wonder if we’ve become a bit complacent against these lesser sides? Poor start at Brighton and then couldn’t hold on, dreadful start at Fulham and couldn’t force a winner & seemingly just thought we’d cruise against WBA...

Hopefully a big result on performance tomorrow & v Southampton because if not, we’re given Citeh encouragement & they have a incredibly easy fixture list in January, which can’t be said about us.

WBA weren't the first nor will be the last team to come to Anfield and stick everybody behind the ball. We should have dealt with it better. Yes, all the WBA players stuck to their roles diligently etc etc but we didn’t do enough. 

Sure they arent the first nor the last. My point is despite people thinking we always steam roller such sides away, we dont when we set off at a pedestrian pace. You've got to move the ball quickly and be decisive. We were neither in large parts of the game.

There's no doubt we should have done better. Neither is there any doubt Allardyce would approach a home game for his team in the same manner.

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

There's no doubt we should have done better. Neither is there any doubt Allardyce would approach a home game for his team in the same manner.

I’ve no idea how they’ve set up tonight and I don’t care either. 

However they set up at Anfield, it shouldn’t have mattered. 

34 minutes ago, magicrat said:

The bucket of lard will be dining out on his masterclass against us for some time to come . 

No he won’t because a bank of six and four against us isn’t going to save him when he’s expected to do more, like against Leeds. Fuck the gravy glugging fraud.

He'll probably have hoped, rather than expected to get a point against us, but then get 3 against Leeds at home, for 4 points from the week. While he got his bonus point, he's not getting the 3 he'd more reasonably expect. One point is not a lot of use to him where they are.

And with that, it's 5, for the worst goal difference in the league, with -24

1 minute ago, Chocoholic said:

He'll probably have hoped, rather than expected to get a point against us, but then get 3 against Leeds at home, for 4 points from the week. While he got his bonus point, he's not getting the 3 he'd more reasonably expect. One point is not a lot of use to him where they are.

And with that, it's 5

Spot on.  And pissed off as I was the other day, we've got a game tomorrow to make amends.  Meanwhile, Jabba the Shit is having a miserable night and that makes me happy.