You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

1 minute ago, Butch said:

Wouldn't be a problem if we were as consistent as last season. I get the feeling that the lads put so much effort and determination into last season that there is nothing left, we won the lot. 

No one is consistent this season compared to last. VAR decisions have really skewed results this season and PGMOL fucking about with interpretations in this season hasnt helped either.

I watched 2 decisions in the games over Christmas where after consulting VAR, the ref decided not to give penalties and handball yet earlier this season, penalties were given against us and I think 2 other teams for frankly laughable contact in the box and a 'handball' goal given when earlier this season it would have been scrubbed.

I love football but it's a fucking lottery now. Given the lunacy how VAR interpretation is changing almost from game to game, even if we were as consistent as last season I doubt we'd be many more points in the lead than we are.

Take the game last night. Curtis fucks up when under no pressure. They get a corner, it hit's the post, actually comes out and bounces into the 6 yard box but the spin makes the ball change direction and ends up in the net near the far goalpost.

We were most certainly poor last night. But for a poor decision and a bad bounce all people would be complaining about this morning would be a below par performance.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

City/Ev match postponed due to too many City covid infections.

And someone elbowed Choudhury in the head? That's a shame.

Zaha with the first goal for Palace vs Leicester, btw. Decent finish but Schmeichel should have stopped it.

I thought the rules were if you have X number of fit players then the youth team players are supposed to make up the numbers 

It means City will have 2 games in hand, and Everton, 1, but points on the board from games played is preferable to the 'promise' of what might not happen.

Plus, the quarantine period means they'll likely have to postpone the Chelsea game as well. Add those two games into an already condensed fixture-packed season and there's more trouble brewing for them than just positive Covid tests.

13 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I thought the rules were if you have X number of fit players then the youth team players are supposed to make up the numbers 

This is correct we have had to play without our best players in a number of games.

Probably time to null and void the season if people really care about lives.

Wasn't there some mumbo jumbo about teams being penalized for players not following restrictions - so three day after Christmas they have a fair few out?

7 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

9e3409f358c9cec06061c1ec76d86d47.gif

Gif to potential fixture pile up or even forfeiting games, not Covid of course.

I don’t see why clubs are allowed to just postpone games over this; I suppose you could give every team a one-off 'COVID crisis card' but certainly not multiple games - I get last season, but I think forfeiture is reasonable, and forces clubs to run a tight ship or face the consequences. I suppose you could say that they'll just cover it up and release test results afterwards instead, but that isn’t likely if you make the penalty for doing so severe enough. 60 point deduction would be a reasonable starting point punishment.