You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Went to United and couldn't get a sniff. You could say it came too early or figure that he has always been a bit shit.

He's not shit, clearly. Why he's locked himself in at a club like Palace where he's essentially been the only viable attacking option under horrendous managers like Big Sam, Hodgson, Pulis and Pardew, who knows though. That's obviously his and his agent's fault. 

• Upvote 1

I had a tenner bet Man u draw. Fulham draw. Palace draw. £440 quid The other two coming in and Villa get a player sent of they offer me £45 cash out. I think no Palace going to go at it but it was like watching the ghost of Christmas past, A total Hodge botch job, no subs no attack no nothing, hes a fucking joke.

Hodgson's causing me pain even now, 440 quid and he couldn't manage a draw against 10 men

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's not shit, clearly. Why he's locked himself in at a club like Palace where he's essentially been the only viable attacking option under horrendous managers like Big Sam, Hodgson, Pulis and Pardew, who knows though. That's obviously his and his agent's fault. 

Well, he is.

I am quite sure he could never operate tactically in a top team.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Well, he is.

I am quite sure he could never operate tactically in a top team.

Shit is nonsense in his case and over used to describe players in general. He's been a dangerous attacking threat for a mediocre club for years. Is he a top player? No. But could he play 30 games at a big club as a rotational forward, absolutely. Too late now, though.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

But could he play 30 games at a big club as a rotational forward, absolutely. Too late now, though.

He scores what - a gola every half dozen games as the main man? Coming off the bench against dross he may be slightly better than Origi. Against top opposition in Europe or the best teams in the league, useless.

Just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He scores what - a gola every half dozen games as the main man? Coming off the bench against dross he may be slightly better than Origi. Against top opposition in Europe or the best teams in the league, useless.

Just my opinion.

I agree with 3 Stacks. I think Zaha is a good player but cornering himself in at Palace and opting for Ivory Coast over England, both seem curious career choices.

I know his parents are from Ivory Coast, but IMO, the decision to play for them sums him up. 

I think he’s good enough to play for England. Certainly at least good enough for the squad. I know we’ll all say “England are shit” and “Fuck England” but I think by choosing a country with less competition for places & his failure with the mancs, shows he’s happy taking easier career choices, rather than pushing himself on.

I realise I’ve made a sweeping statement there based on minimal information, but something about Zaha rubs me the wrong way. I think he’s talented enough to have pushed his career further but, when he’s handing in transfer requests to sign for Everton, he’s obviously not fully right in the head. 

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He scored 4 golas last season in the league playing basically every minute of every game.

In a roy Hodgson team. Do you remember us under Hodgson i wanted to top myself and so did most of the players. He for so long has been the only threat at all for Palace so he is marked and monitored way more than any other players theyve had nearly no other threats. Im not saying he's world class by any measure but people keep talking like thats how he is classed and he isn't.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

In a roy Hodgson team. Do you remember us under Hodgson i wanted to top myself and so did most of the players. He for so long has been the only threat at all for Palace so he is marked and monitored way more than any other players theyve had nearly no other threats. Im not saying he's world class by any measure but people keep talking like thats how he is classed and he isn't.

Ayew was the main man - they had a defender score as many as he did.

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Ayew was the main man - they had a defender score as many as he did.

How much attention is paid to the defender as a goal threat. Thats the problem with Palace hes their biggest strength by far so easy to pinpoint and they have become so reliant its now a weakness. I dont even know why I'm defending him i dont like him.

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

That is why you do not work in football.

Most likely, but I doubt many on here would feel differently.

I think Zaha could be a more than useful player for any of the top club sides & England. 

Only he can answer why he’s boxed himself in for Ivory Coast & Palace.

I don’t like him either, but I think he’s very good player. 

Zaha is a bit like LeTissier big fish in a little pond who’ll be the star man in that team and is loved by their fans...I guess there’s nothing wrong with that as at least you’ll be remembered rather than going to a club with expectations and the pressure to win things and disappearing