You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

18 minutes ago, aws said:

Which is why it's an automatic red card in rugby. You either challenge fairly in the air or you stay clear. 

Good point. In a game where punching someone in the face might only get a yellow, this cowardly shitehouse behaviour gets a red. Anything where the neck can end up taking the full weight of someone falling is insanely dangerous. 

38 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

Good point. In a game where punching someone in the face might only get a yellow, this cowardly shitehouse behaviour gets a red. Anything where the neck can end up taking the full weight of someone falling is insanely dangerous. 

It will get clamped down on when one of those cheating foreign players does it.

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

It will get clamped down on when one of those cheating foreign players does it.

Sadly not, he’s currently been “clever” at winning free kicks.

It’ll only change when he seriously injures / paralyses someone 

7 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Lazio are shite. 

After taking their 3 main men off, be funny if Lazio went out now. 

I’d love Brugge to get through and us get them. Bye into the quarter finals that. 

Unfortunately, Citeh will be guaranteed to get them. 

Saying that, I’d be happy with Lazio as well. Have we ever played a competitive fixture against they? The Cheyrou Classic doesn’t count.

11 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Mignolet turned into Neur this half. Sweeping that half like Charlie Kelly. 

Actually, there’s something Freaky Friday about this game.

Mignolet has turned into Reina, being an excellent sweeper keeper and Reina has turned into Mignolet by continually flapping at crosses.

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Leipzig haven't had an answer to properly replace Werner. All they have in the squad are attacking midfielders and two shit target men. Would be surprised if they win tonight.

RBL are 2nd in the Bundesliga. They should have won in the Allianz on Saturday. They’ve beaten PSG already in the group stage and were unfortunate in Paris. 

Forsberg has been playing in a free role and looking dangerous. 

I’m not saying they’ll win the game but it’s wrong to dismiss them. The tempo & pressing they play with, the mancs will certainly know they’ve been in a game.

24 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

After taking their 3 main men off, be funny if Lazio went out now. 

I’d love Brugge to get through and us get them. Bye into the quarter finals that. 

Unfortunately, Citeh will be guaranteed to get them. 

Saying that, I’d be happy with Lazio as well. Have we ever played a competitive fixture against they? The Cheyrou Classic doesn’t count.

No, only two friendies at Anfield. Went to one think it was about 2008 and Voronin scored the winner. 

16 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

RBL are 2nd in the Bundesliga. They should have won in the Allianz on Saturday. They’ve beaten PSG already in the group stage and were unfortunate in Paris. 

Forsberg has been playing in a free role and looking dangerous. 

I’m not saying they’ll win the game but it’s wrong to dismiss them. The tempo & pressing they play with, the mancs will certainly know they’ve been in a game.

It's a styles game. They have a terrific manager and style of football, but the way to beat a team like Man United, who sit back and have lots of pace on the counter, is usually not with the no striker thing. Although, playing with either Sorloth or Poulsen wouldn't be any better but that's the point.

Edit: lol

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

No, only two friendies at Anfield. Went to one think it was about 2008 and Voronin scored the winner. 

Don’t remember that. I definitely remember Bruno Zidane and his white boots looking genuinely class.

Looking at Lazio tonight, I’d have no issue with us drawing them. They look incredibly shaky at the back, got to think Mane & Salah would have a field day.