You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Our English players don’t act like cunts so it’s hard to tell.

Oh right, I would say quite a few act like cunts no matter where they're from, I just don't get what nationality has got to with it, it used to be Italians and South Americans that were labelled as cunts, though i had no problem with that as it was the norm and part and parcel of the game. Are they OK now? Is it just the English players then? 

I suspect its just another dig at this country through some prick footballer, as most of them seem to be, regardless of what club they play for. 

27 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

What's English got to do with it? Does that apply to our English players or are they exempt? 

It's more about how the press/pundits go on about it. 

Suarez, Drogba, Ronaldo etc. were all slated because they are foreign cheating diving bastards.

Young, Bale, Kane good honest lads who are entitled to go down and would never cheat anyone.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Oh right, I would say quite a few act like cunts no matter where they're from, I just don't get what nationality has got to with it, it used to be Italians and South Americans that were labelled as cunts, though i had no problem with that as it was the norm and part and parcel of the game. Are they OK now? Is it just the English players then? 

I suspect its just another dig at this country through some prick footballer, as most of them seem to be, regardless of what club they play for. 

Generally speaking the media for starters never call out the Ingerlund players - Sir Harry the Lionheart et al are given loads of rope....but the story nearly always changes when it is one of those dirty foreign types.

We go from 'ah he felt contact, he is entitled to go down' to 'he's gone down easily'...

If you can't see that, then can't really help you.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Generally speaking the media for starters never call out the Ingerlund players - Sir Harry the Lionheart et al are given loads of rope....but the story nearly always changes when it is one of those dirty foreign types.

We go from 'ah he felt contact, he is entitled to go down' to 'he's gone down easily'...

If you can't see that, then can't really help you.

Oh I see enough alright, but thanks for the offer of help though.

I'd say that the media comment about not calling out England players would apply to any other country commentating on their own players. 

I don't really think about as its no big deal is it? No wonder I'm losing my interest in football, its covered in shite nowadays, the game, the media and fans alike. 

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

Oh I see enough alright, but thanks for the offer of help though.

I'd say that the media comment about not calling out England players would apply to any other country commentating on their own players. 

I don't really think about as its no big deal is it? No wonder I'm losing my interest in football, its covered in shite nowadays, the game, the media and fans alike. 

It certainly grates when see Shearer, Wright et al treat Kane, Vardy etc differently to how they treat Salah and Mane for example.

32 minutes ago, an tha said:

It certainly grates when see Shearer, Wright et al treat Kane, Vardy etc differently to how they treat Salah and Mane for example.

You probably watch a hell of a lot more football than me so I can't really say but of what I do watch I don't see much difference in the treatment of whoever.

Just bad decisions all over, though some, I admit, a bit dubious, as like why that and not this. Something stinks and it's turning the great game shit. 

2 hours ago, easytoslip said:

You probably watch a hell of a lot more football than me so I can't really say but of what I do watch I don't see much difference in the treatment of whoever.

Just bad decisions all over, though some, I admit, a bit dubious, as like why that and not this. Something stinks and it's turning the great game shit. 

The standard of officiating is at an all time low for my money.....they of course have a tool to help them, but they've chosen to use it to somehow make things worse not better.

• Upvote 1

I remember how delirious Arsenal were until recently with a few choice results while completely abandoning the football against good teams (ourselves; City). Let’s see where Tottenham are playing this way in another 10 games.

26 minutes ago, Butch said:

Anyone else like the look of that vestergarrd Southampton cb. Good in the air and very calm on the ball. 

Not sure Southampton is the place to be buying centre half’s from, I mean our record hasn’t been that great.... has it??

Brighton wing-back Solly March said his side were the victims of the Premier League's latest "random decision" as a video assistant referee-awarded penalty consigned them to defeat against Southampton.

The Seagulls looked on course for a point until March was penalised for a late foul on Southampton full-back Kyle Walker-Peters

1) Fuck off, you didn't complain last week about VAR

2) David Coote, I'm shocked

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Brighton wing-back Solly March said his side were the victims of the Premier League's latest "random decision" as a video assistant referee-awarded penalty consigned them to defeat against Southampton.

The Seagulls looked on course for a point until March was penalised for a late foul on Southampton full-back Kyle Walker-Peters

1) Fuck off, you didn't complain last week about VAR

2) David Coote, I'm shocked

My thoughts exactly.

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What is it? 

Showing him deliberately backing into players after they've jumped to contest an aerial ball, collapsing under them to draw a foul, but causing the opposition player's legs to be taken out from under him. Just a shithouse tactic that's going to lead to a player landing on their head one day. 

1 hour ago, A_S said:

Showing him deliberately backing into players after they've jumped to contest an aerial ball, collapsing under them to draw a foul, but causing the opposition player's legs to be taken out from under him. Just a shithouse tactic that's going to lead to a player landing on their head one day. 

Which is why it's an automatic red card in rugby. You either challenge fairly in the air or you stay clear.