You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

The sevilla manager played a blinder with his pre match presser saying chelsea were the best attacking team in the world. His players held out a full 8 minutes! Fucking clown.

Nice to see the mancs get beat. What, no pen for fernandes to do his feinting routine? Not so easy to win when you dont get your obligatory pen, is it?

• Upvote 2

Rashford may miss the West Ham game.

Great that at the very least going into the busy period they have to go to Germany to fight for Champions League survival. Just wish that Chelsea and especially City were in the same boat. 

Genuinely don't think City have ever got a tough CL group or a tough early FA cup game. 

36 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Rashford may miss the West Ham game.

Great that at the very least going into the busy period they have to go to Germany to fight for Champions League survival. Just wish that Chelsea and especially City were in the same boat. 

Genuinely don't think City have ever got a tough CL group or a tough early FA cup game. 

City were always getting tough groups until their seeding improved.  Once that happened, they were laughing  No top side gets a tough group since its a competition with no end of utter shite in it. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Nice to see the mancs get beat. What, no pen for fernandes to do his feinting routine? Not so easy to win when you dont get your obligatory pen, is it?

After not sending Fred off, I think the referee thought he'd be pushing his luck to award them a penalty as well.

Some interesting games next week. In chronological order (or what Google tells me...).

• Group F
    • Dortmund are top and are 4th placed Zenit. Assume Dortmund will win the group.
    • Lazio host Brugge. Both sides can qualify.
  • Group G
    • Barca v Juve to decide the group winners, although it would take a huge away win for Juve to top the group
  • Group H
    • If PSG beat the eliminated Istanbul side (which I'm sure they will), they top the group.
    • Obviously all to play for in the RBL v mancs match
  • Group D
    • Ajax host Atalanta to decide who qualifies with us.
  • Group A
    • RBS host Atletico to decide who goes through with Bayern.
  • Group B
    • All 4 sides can still qualify.
    • Inter host Shaktar - Inter must win but a win may not even be enough.
    • Madrid host Monchengladbach - Madrid need to win.

The rest are dead rubbers really.

From our own interests, I'm going to guess that the 2nd place teams will be...

• Atletico (although Salzburg would be great)
  • Monchengladbach
  • Porto
  • Ajax
  • Sevilla
  • Lazio (although Brugge would be great)
  • Juventus
  • RBL / the mancs.

Ideally, we would avoid Atletico, Sevilla and Juventus.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Some interesting games next week. In chronological order (or what Google tells me...).

• Group F
    • Dortmund are top and are 4th placed Zenit. Assume Dortmund will win the group.
    • Lazio host Brugge. Both sides can qualify.
  • Group G
    • Barca v Juve to decide the group winners, although it would take a huge away win for Juve to top the group
  • Group H
    • If PSG beat the eliminated Istanbul side (which I'm sure they will), they top the group.
    • Obviously all to play for in the RBL v mancs match
  • Group D
    • Ajax host Atalanta to decide who qualifies with us.
  • Group A
    • RBS host Atletico to decide who goes through with Bayern.
  • Group B
    • All 4 sides can still qualify.
    • Inter host Shaktar - Inter must win but a win may not even be enough.
    • Madrid host Monchengladbach - Madrid need to win.

The rest are dead rubbers really.

From our own interests, I'm going to guess that the 2nd place teams will be...

• Atletico (although Salzburg would be great)
  • Monchengladbach
  • Porto
  • Ajax
  • Sevilla
  • Lazio (although Brugge would be great)
  • Juventus
  • RBL / the mancs.

Ideally, we would avoid Atletico, Sevilla and Juventus.

I'd like City to get Atletico, just so it guarantees that one of the cunts gets knocked out.