You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

2 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

I'm sure he will get a ban, the thing I was pointing out is them claiming it has different connotations in South America given there stance on it previously

Heard a few Mancs on the radio and they were claiming he didn't write it or it was taken out of context. 

I do think he probably didn't mean anything insulting (that knobhead Silva was the same imo) but with the strict policy the FA have now, he is looking at a 3 game ban minimum. 

He's shown that he's still top class and if he stays injury free, he will be huge for them. I love how it is being spun that Ole has taken a punt on Cavani, when the bloke has a better pedigree than anyone in that club over 10-12 years.

52 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think Neil Lennon will be getting sacked today. Idiots those who turned out and started kicking off at Parkhead last night although not being able to go the game means they don't get a chance to protest. I think he deserves more respect after what he's achieved with the club but its tie to go and has been for a while. 

It will be interesting to see who comes in. "Err yeah you can manage a massive club but we are 11 points behind our biggest rivals and if you don't win the league you'll probably get sacked. Oh and you wont have a budget plus the best striker has downed tools and wants to leave. We wont let you spend hardly any of the money you get for him and if you don't win the first 5 league games, the Scottish cup and the old firm at ibrox then you'll get the blame, want it?" 

Strachan now favourite just ahead of Howe. 

Then:

Larsson

Steve Clarke (no chance he's leaving Scotland)

Michael O'Neill

Rafa (10/1)

Gerry Adams 500/1 

He's handy at tennis but not sure about football management. Hang on - surely you don't mean Benitez...?

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Nasty that - plus Luiz played on. The league is so far behind other sports in terms of head injuries it is ridiculous.

Yeah I was astonished Luiz played on. Introducing concussion substitutions that sit outside of your main subs is so easy to implement and such a no-brainer it's amazing even the FA haven't come on board.

I remember Fab coming on a few months back, clashing heads and being subbed off again. We lost a substitution but it was the right thing to do: teams shouldn't be getting penalised for and therefore discouraged from looking after the welfare of people.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

WTF happened Arsenal? 14th place? Genuinely thought they were up in the top 5 or 6. Shows how little attention I pay to anybody who isn't us. Seems like a week ago everybody was praising the job Arteta was doing. 

They finally beat United at Old Trafford but have gone to shit since then.

In the lowest three teams for chances created this season.

United formally stating on the record "negrito" has different conotations in South America and is an 'affectionate' term. I'm done. I've heard absolutely everything now.

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Rodgers changed 5 players for tonight’s starting 11.

Not like him to be over confident and come a cropper. 

He doesn't get the credit he deserves, he said so himself the other week. I mean he said that after a good start forgetting he fucked up badly and they lost a champions league spot by being so shite after xmas and not turning up after the lockdown