You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

4 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Great to see Shearer moralising about head injuries. Fortunately I don’t have Alzheimer’s yet so I can remember him elbowing defenders in the head whilst generally screaming at referees and linesmen until he got a free kick.

Let's not forget him kicking Neil Lennon in the head in.

26 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Manchester United stressed that the word was clearly used in an affectionate manner and has different connotations in South America, where Cavani is from.

Well they've changed there tune

EoAoWrhWEAM8Pum.jpeg

I preume the FA will be taking stringent action  against this Uruguayan racist - just like they did with another one of Cavani's countrymen who used the same 'affectionate' term. Can't wait for the media shitstorm. Where's Clarke Carlisle when he's needed?

Bernardo Silva was racist towards Mendy and got a ban. I can't stand him and by all accouts him and Mendy were mates, but he still got a ban because it was racist even if he didn't really intend to disrespect Mendy.

Cavani will get a ban because if the FA don't give him one, it will completely undermine their efforts of inclusion.

7 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Manchester United stressed that the word was clearly used in an affectionate manner and has different connotations in South America, where Cavani is from.

Well they've changed there tune

EoAoWrhWEAM8Pum.jpeg

If as utd are claiming it was said in such an affectionate term why has he deleted it strange behaviour by the FAs darlings 

23 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Bernardo Silva was racist towards Mendy and got a ban. I can't stand him and by all accouts him and Mendy were mates, but he still got a ban because it was racist even if he didn't really intend to disrespect Mendy.

Cavani will get a ban because if the FA don't give him one, it will completely undermine their efforts of inclusion.

I'm sure he will get a ban, the thing I was pointing out is them claiming it has different connotations in South America given there stance on it previously

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aws said:

The cultural connotations argument was dismissed in the Suarez case. My bet is he'll get a ban of one or two games with the connotations argument being accepted in mitigation by the FA and the media. 

If I remember I think Cavani defended Suarez at the time, but obviously he was ignored at the time due to being a dirty foreigner.

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

If I remember I think Cavani defended Suarez at the time, but obviously he was ignored at the time due to being a dirty foreigner.

That's the funny thing.  It's not like he didn't know using that word here was going to lead to a ban.  It's almost as if he wanted banning.

I think Neil Lennon will be getting sacked today. Idiots those who turned out and started kicking off at Parkhead last night although not being able to go the game means they don't get a chance to protest. I think he deserves more respect after what he's achieved with the club but its tie to go and has been for a while. 

It will be interesting to see who comes in. "Err yeah you can manage a massive club but we are 11 points behind our biggest rivals and if you don't win the league you'll probably get sacked. Oh and you wont have a budget plus the best striker has downed tools and wants to leave. We wont let you spend hardly any of the money you get for him and if you don't win the first 5 league games, the Scottish cup and the old firm at ibrox then you'll get the blame, want it?" 

Strachan now favourite just ahead of Howe. 

Then:

Larsson

Steve Clarke (no chance he's leaving Scotland)

Michael O'Neill

Rafa (10/1)

Gerry Adams 500/1 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Unless Strachan would just be a placeholder until the end of the season, there's not much point making that move.

To me it looks like Celtic need to rebuild. There's a staleness that has set in following years of having things so easy domestically. Now that this situation has changed and there's a genuine challenge to their domestic dominance, they don't appear to have another gear they can go up.

40 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Then:

Larsson

Steve Clarke (no chance he's leaving Scotland)

Michael O'Neill

Rafa (10/1)

Gerry Adams 500/1 

Adams doesn't really have the football background but your star striker will soon perk up after he has a random squad member kneecapped in the car park.

10 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Unless Strachan would just be a placeholder until the end of the season, there's not much point making that move.

To me it looks like Celtic need to rebuild. There's a staleness that has set in following years of having things so easy domestically. Now that this situation has changed and there's a genuine challenge to their domestic dominance, they don't appear to have another gear they can go up.

The board took it for granted that Celtic were still well in-front. Personnel wise they still have the best squad but Lennon has got issues. His man-management is very questionable. When he left last time as manager he had a lot pf personal stuff going on and I reckon he's still not stable. He was brought in to seal the title after Rodgers fucked off. Club took the cheapest option and offered him a contract in the dressing room after the scottish cup final win. Should never have happened. Fuck knows what the right answer is but I don't think its going back with Strachan. Martin O'Neil yes but not Strachan. 

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Adams doesn't really have the football background but your star striker will soon perk up after he has a random squad member kneecapped in the car park.

Whatever it takes. 

Still the funniest reply of all time on twitter

EMyLZ3RXkAAWwfl.jpg

• Upvote 3