You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Nah, they deserve fuck all. They shit their pants when they were 2-0 up, been utterly pathetic second half. 

They were the better side for large parts of it.  They didn’t panic on the ball and were playing it around United constantly,  United were giving it away pointlessly all the time.  Absolutely shit decision making and defending cost them all 3 goals and it revolved around that complete plank at CB.

1 minute ago, torahboy said:

That was awful from Southampton. United are shite and a two goal lead should have been a springboard for further goals against them, but the number of misplaced passes and grotesque defending just handed the game to the Manc cunts. 

As much as I hate them, they have goals in them and on some days when they click like they did in the second half, they look very good. Southampton were shit, but United came back and if we did that, I would be chuffed.

Cavani is a top class striker. We took a punt on Taki, but Cavani on a free is a great signing. 

Their defence will catch them out along with having a poor manager, but in a season where 85 points wins the league, I would be concerned if they get a head of steam. 

8 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Cavani is a top class striker. We took a punt on Taki, but Cavani on a free is a great signing. 

Cavani is a signing that could work because he's a good player, but only dumb teams like United try those. He's 33, couldn't stay fit for the last two years and he's getting massive wages. They shouldn't get credit for the thought process that eventually led to them signing him because it's not good thought process, but hey if he scores goals, fair enough. 

There’s no question they’re in the title race at this point. Continue to have such good luck with injuries while being given every decision under the sun by the Premier League’s finest, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see them top a low points scoring table.

With that said, Solskjaer’s MO to date has been a purple patch followed by rapid descent, so I’d rather hope that continues than the even greater risk of a new manager coming in and capitalising on a ridiculous season.

• Downvote 1

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Cavani is a signing that could work because he's a good player, but only dumb teams like United try those. He's 33,  couldn't stay fit for two years and he's getting massive wages. They shouldn't get credit for the thought process that eventually led to them signing him because it's not good thought process, but hey if he scores goals, fair enough. 

Only Ole could get credit for taking a "punt" on a proven world class player like Cavani as if he's just signed a player from non league.

I hope to God he picks up a knock soon because he's a really good player. 

Just now, TheDrowningMan said:

There’s no question they’re in the title race at this point. Continue to have such good luck with injuries while being given every decision under the sun by the Premier League’s finest, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see them top a low points scoring table.

This is the worry especially after what happened with the West Brom game when they got three points thanks to the powers that be

If we weren’t done to the bare bones which doesn’t look likely to change anytime soon I wouldn’t be arsed about them 

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Regarding injuries I think they have had the rub of the green, while we have had the shit end of the stick, but if we get through the coming weeks then we really will be in a lovely position with players coming back. Players like Gini have been holding things together. I have no doubt that they and the other teams will have injury problems in the coming weeks and if that's a Fernandes, Kane or De Bruyne then it will be huge.

The league will be decided by whether we stay fit. If we do that, then we will pick up the 3 points at places like Wolves, Southampton, Palace etc which will see us over the line and will put us in a position to win at United, Leicester or Tottenham also. 

We are comfortably the best team still. I can take a great United team win a league but Jesus Christ the thought of this United team with Ole winning one would be shocking. Thankfully, I think they have too many issues to win a league.