You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

2 minutes ago, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

Juve losing at home, I really think Inter/Milan back in the title picture for the first time in nearly a decade.

Got it on. Ref is a dodgy fucker like. Morata is one of the worst highly rated CF's I've seen in years. Utter dogshit. 

10 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Arteta, Ole and Lampard don't half get an easy ride considering they're all doing woeful jobs. 

It's probably only because all three are shit that they are getting away with it, chances are two of them are getting into the top 4, so why bother changing things when the end result is still at best finishing 3rd? 

13 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Arteta not so much, he’s making a go of it with a weird bunch of players.

The other two, shite, unless their paymasters are reading in which case 10 year contracts for both! 

Arteta did a nice job winning the FA Cup but now he's doing nonsense like playing Xhaka at CB and Arsenal are generally playing shite football. They spawn a few wins, but in general, it's ugly.

The Arsenal Mania match thread is entertaining. They want Arteta and Lacazette out. Aubamayang was only playing last season for a new contract and is now doing nothing.

The most entertaining thing on theOr match thread is a story doing the rounds of Arsenal social media - Lacazette picked up some girl on the day of a match and left her in his flat to watch the match, but his performance was so wank he was too ashamed to go back after the game and left her there, and she eventually got off when he was a no show.

Sounds spurious, but fun.

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

We’re conceding way too many goals for us to be able to run away with it. We’ve been average defensively since February and poor since we won the league. Not saying we wont win it, cause we definately should be right up there, but we’ve been too soft defensively for some time now and without Van Dijk teams will continue to get goals against us.

Valid points Joey. 

Thing is that we should have 5 wins from 6. A run of games which included Arsenal at home and Everton and Chelsea away. Leeds as well in the first game was not easy. Villa was a nightmare to be fair. Sheffield United was the performance that champions produce and we walked away with 3 points, though it was a bit sketchy at times.

Virgil is a gigantic loss but our team as is would still be comfortably the best in the league. An Ali injury could tip it though, unless we have a decent number 2. Our defence is still the best in the league, our midfield is top class and our attack is terrific.

If we were up against City a year or so ago, then I don't think we would win the league, because they would easily get 95+ points. I see us getting about 85-90 this year, which will be enough. I think other teams will drop serious points.

I think the digne red was harsh. He was defo trying to take one for the team and professionally foul him to stop the break, but he was unlucky how his foot ended up. Well, they both were really. 

Someone said you can’t do that without trying or you’d have to look down or you’re meaning not to or something, but I’ve done this playing football before and defo not meant it. Running bear someone, eye on a loose ball and a twist of legs. It happens.

The Bernard one just before though, was fucking sheisty though. Proper shithouse tackle that and absolutely meant it too.

44 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

State of that cunt going off on a stretcher.

Last thing I’d ever want is for someone to know they’d hurt me, let alone pretending they had. All snuggled up under his blankie as well. The cunt.

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

They really don't do the same thing. If you want an example of a player who is playing a similar role and still scoring goals it's Kane.

Sounds like his manager disagrees with you there...

“Manager Ralph Hasenhuttl has said there is more to Ings' game than just goals, though, and pointed to the different roles the striker plays in his system.

He said: "Yeah, I think I was never reducing him just to his goalscoring.

"I know that he's working hard for the team and you can see that with the ball win against (Paul) Pogba on Monday that was the start of going in the lead and he's definitely a guy who knows how to press, who knows how to help the team, he's our first defender, sometimes he's our No.10 and sometimes he's our goalscorer. Definitely a big role he plays in this squad."

20 minutes ago, belarus said:

Sounds like his manager disagrees with you there...

“Manager Ralph Hasenhuttl has said there is more to Ings' game than just goals, though, and pointed to the different roles the striker plays in his system.

He said: "Yeah, I think I was never reducing him just to his goalscoring.

"I know that he's working hard for the team and you can see that with the ball win against (Paul) Pogba on Monday that was the start of going in the lead and he's definitely a guy who knows how to press, who knows how to help the team, he's our first defender, sometimes he's our No.10 and sometimes he's our goalscorer. Definitely a big role he plays in this squad."

Kudos to Ings, but really he couldn't play as the striker in our formation. At Southampton he plays off Adams in a 4-4-2. Here he'd have to drop real deep and it just wouldn't be for him. In the 4-2-3-1 we tried yesterday he would definitely have his place, though. But again, the move to Southampton was good for him. He's not reaching the level he has at all if he stays here.