You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

23 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Redknapp making a complete dick of himself there....’game’s officially gone’. It died last week you pillock 

Another one of these “anybody whose played the game” strokers who somehow think because you haven’t played you don’t know what your talking about. Dickhead.

13 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Ancelotti crying that Dogne suffered from Pickford being mentioned all week and that it’s unfair. Fuck me, never go full-Everton.

So what he is saying is something happened that wasn't their fault and they were in fact the victim ?

Or something like that.

• Upvote 1

Seen this beauty on Reddit 

“klopp has got what he wanted. The refs think we’re a dirty team now. We got nothing off that ref all game and Southampton players were holding their ankles after every tackle and then digne gets a red card for a tangle of legs”

The most delusional set of fans there is.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

I was so frustrated and angry last week that I decided not to show Everton any mercy and put Digne, James, Calvert Lewin and Sigurdsson in my fantasy football team. Turns out I got negative points but I am feeling happy inside.

Sounds like you won without actually winning.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

By the way, the standard of play from teams like Leeds and Southampton is really high. Bar a few teams, the people who call this a weak league are nuts. Even the shite like West Ham and Palace are genuinely hard to play against, for different reasons.

Are you saying Klopp has had a point saying for years that every game in the PL is a tough one?

To be serious I fully agree, and reckon people casually labelling the league shite are way off the mark. The best teams, when they are at their best and put the maximum effort in, can make it easy for themselves in some games. But drop to 95% and you have a problem against most teams in this league.

4 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

I was so frustrated and angry last week that I decided not to show Everton any mercy and put Digne, James, Calvert Lewin and Sigurdsson in my fantasy football team. Turns out I got negative points but I am feeling happy inside.

Although you can only have max of 3 players per club? :D

15 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Good set of results for us this weekend. Bot bad considering loads of other fans were predicting us finishing 7th or 8th this season.

Looking around the league, unless something mad happens like Ali is out for 3 months, it really is hard to see any team finishing above us. I do think it will be a year where draws at places like West Ham might be seen as alright and not the disaster they might over the last few years.

City look very average and their spine in Aguero, De Bruyne, Fernandinho and Laporte is injured a lot. Pep is a spoilt child so if they were trailing by a good bit come say January, he could just walk.

United are likely to be a lot closer than last season but they have dropped 7 points in 15 and it really should have been 9 from 15 because Brighton were robbed. With Ole at the wheel, it's hard to see them being within 10 points of us come the end of the season, unless there is a serious injury crisis with us. I even feel sceptical they would go that near us, but you have to wager in that they tend to get the var decisions like yesterday.

Chelsea have a lot of really good players but Frank Lampard at their wheel. Better group than United but same end result. If they brought in Allegri, I would be worried, but i think they are next season's problem.

Spurs don't have a weakness per se, but are still capable of a result like last weekend and it's hard to see Kane fit for the season. Bale could be huge if he is arsed.

Arsenal are massively improved. Think they could get top 4, but a good bit from us.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

Just thinking same so googled him...

28 years old - contract to 2022.

Wonder if a 20m bid could get him.

Not a player for us. To slow and turns like a slabhead. He'd be great if we played a low line though as his heading and positioning is really good. 

It’s an absolute guaranteed red card.  I don’t understand how professionals who’ve played the game can’t see how it’s as cynical as any other type of bad tackle in the game.  It’s not accidental as it’s your responsibility to get out of the way of the player running in front of you.  To fully stand on their ankle like that is a snides trick.  It should be obvious to anyone with eyes that he knew exactly what he was doing.

The unnatural behaviour of forcing yourself to not look down at where your feet are going despite being so close to someone while your both running makes it even more blatant.  This is ignoring that their whole game plan resolves around “not intending to hurt anyone” but behaving recklessly so that players get hurt in the crossfire and they can cry innocence.  Throw the fucking book at the cunts.  It’s starting to unravel for them now.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Looking around the league, unless something mad happens like Ali is out for 3 months, it really is hard to see any team finishing above us. I do think it will be a year where draws at places like West Ham might be seen as alright and not the disaster they might over the last few years.

City look very average and their spine in Aguero, De Bruyne, Fernandinho and Laporte is injured a lot. Pep is a spoilt child so if they were trailing by a good bit come say January, he could just walk.

United are likely to be a lot closer than last season but they have dropped 7 points in 15 and it really should have been 9 from 15 because Brighton were robbed. With Ole at the wheel, it's hard to see them being within 10 points of us come the end of the season, unless there is a serious injury crisis with us. I even feel sceptical they would go that near us, but you have to wager in that they tend to get the var decisions like yesterday.

Chelsea have a lot of really good players but Frank Lampard at their wheel. Better group than United but same end result. If they brought in Allegri, I would be worried, but i think they are next season's problem.

Spurs don't have a weakness per se, but are still capable of a result like last weekend and it's hard to see Kane fit for the season. Bale could be huge if he is arsed.

Arsenal are massively improved. Think they could get top 4, but a good bit from us.

We’re conceding way too many goals for us to be able to run away with it. We’ve been average defensively since February and poor since we won the league. Not saying we wont win it, cause we definately should be right up there, but we’ve been too soft defensively for some time now and without Van Dijk teams will continue to get goals against us.