You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

Will rest easier once Aguero is injured again. Otherwise speaking, we may well find these injuries light a fire under our players. They've had it far too easy in this league for the past 12 months. Utterly coasted to the title last season. Would be beautiful to see our prime Salah, Mane, Thiago etc. show this league what they're all about in the face of a bit of adversity.

Last season was so majestically easy it almost deprived us of really rubbing it in, we were so high above the muck & crowd. It would be utterly beautiful to grind to the title this season & really shove it in the whole country's face. Hope Klopp goes full on Ferguson-siege mode.

10 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Will rest easier once Aguero is injured again. Otherwise speaking, we may well find these injuries light a fire under our players. They've had it far too easy in this league for the past 12 months. Utterly coasted to the title last season. Would be beautiful to see our prime Salah, Mane, Thiago etc. show this league what they're all about in the face of a bit of adversity.

Last season was so majestically easy it almost deprived us of really rubbing it in, we were so high above the muck & crowd. It would be utterly beautiful to grind to the title this season & really shove it in the whole country's face. Hope Klopp goes full on Ferguson-siege mode.

City will have injuries as well. Hopefully nothing like Virgil though. 

Their three best players are incredible in De Bruyne, Laporte and Aguero. All are injured on a regular basis. Ederson isn't as good as he used to be. Their new centre half is an unknown. They have a few other really good players like Bernardo Silva but not sure I'd want him beside me in the trenches. They look shaky and the orcs of Burnley etc will have a proper go at them let alone the likes of Zaha or Grealish. If Arsenal were properly on it yesterday,they could have won. 

1 minute ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

City will have injuries as well. Hopefully nothing like Virgil though. 

Their three best players are incredible in De Bruyne, Laporte and Aguero. All are injured on a regular basis. Ederson isn't as good as he used to be. Their new centre half is an unknown. They have a few other really good players like Bernardo Silva but not sure I'd want him beside me in the trenches. They look shaky and the orcs of Burnley etc will have a proper go at them let alone the likes of Zaha or Grealish. If Arsenal were properly on it yesterday,they could have won. 

Yes City are no-better than a mid-80s pt team now. If we hit the 90s again we win the title comfortably. Let's see.

10 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Yes City are no-better than a mid-80s pt team now. If we hit the 90s again we win the title comfortably. Let's see.

It will be fine margins this season. A lot of teams like Burnley, Palace and Leeds will have a right good go at them and they will lose at places they wouldn't have 2-3 years ago. I think Pep is a very intense type and if they go on a bad run, he could have a meltdown and walk. My gut tells me they get about 82-87 points though because they have enough quality to smash most teams. 

I actually still think we are much the better team regardless of Virgil being out for probably the rest of the season. Laporte walks into our team and Aguero would as well ahead of current Bobby (to be fair even Bob at his best isn't as good as Aguero). De Bruyne would walk into pretty much every team but I would put Thiago on his level. Fabinho, Hendo and Gini are superior to Rodri and current day Fernandinho. Don't know much about their new signings so they could be the next Laporte and Sane and make a huge difference to be fair. I can't think of many players they have that I'm blown away by. Sterling is very good but nowhere near our lads. Our full backs are far superior. To be fair they probably have a competent number 2 goalkeeper so that's a big leveller right now.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Im not a fan of Moyes by a long shot but I dont have a problem with him or his players celebrating that last gasp strike. Strange how all the everton fans are quiet about it after Jurgen's on pitch celebration last season though. Class and dignity fc, indeed.

Fair point well made

David Coote is in charge of tonight's game. I'm calling it now. He will send off a player for something far less dangerous than Pickford's out-of-control lunge at Big Virg. And the VAR numpty will further fudge things by deeming a player to be onside for exactly the reasons Coote deemed Mane to be offside on Saturday. And then PGMOL will say everyone did their job perfectly.

Just noticed West Brom and Burnley played out a predictably tedious goalless draw - the first goalless draw in the PL this season. They are lucky the PL clubs have collecting bargaining for domestic rights so each club gets an equal proportion of a certain amount of the domestic TV money. The rest is paid based on the number of times a club is shown live, and their final league position. If all the games went on a PPV basis or if clubs had their own TV rights, not even the fans of these clubs would pay to watch them on TV.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

David Coote is in charge of tonight's game. I'm calling it now. He will send off a player for something far less dangerous than Pickford's out-of-control lunge at Big Virg. And the VAR numpty will further fudge things by deeming a player to be onside for exactly the reasons Coote deemed Mane to be offside on Saturday. And then PGMOL will say everyone did their job perfectly.

The fact that they put that incompetent, biased little fucker in charge of another game says it all. Can not be taken seriously.