You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

50 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

That Aguero thing is a load of horseshit in my opinion, yes perhaps he shouldn't have done it but there was no harm meant and if he had done it to a bloke there would be nothing.

More serious things that happened yesterday that need to be reviewed, not this.

Here is a novel idea, deal with all of it, whether big or small. The thing about it being done to a bloke it would be nothing, is neither here nor there. It got done to a girl deal with those facts, not what would or could or might have happened if it was done to a bloke. He shouldn't touch any referee or assistant, it should be a straight dismissal. 

And that is before we even go into the whole Harvey Epstein side of things of what is acceptable. To me he overstepped the line massively on what is acceptable. 

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

That Aguero thing is a load of horseshit in my opinion, yes perhaps he shouldn't have done it but there was no harm meant and if he had done it to a bloke there would be nothing.

More serious things that happened yesterday that need to be reviewed, not this.

For me it's the way he pulls her back. If that was my wife he'd done it to I'd batter the prick. 

Just now, johnsusername said:

For me it's the way he pulls her back. If that was my wife he'd done it to I'd batter the prick. 

Fair enough, perhaps I need to see it again but my first thoughts was there was nothing in it and I hate the way everything gets blown all out of proportion these days, a quick apology from Aguero and that should be the end of it. 

Just now, manwiththestick said:

BT were advertising that game on their box office platform for 15 quid, who the fuck is paying that?

It would be interesting to see the data of how many purchases these individual  games get this season.

You'll get some diehard fans of both clubs paying it, but can't imagine any neutrals paying £15 quid for a game against 2 teams of that level.

8 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

You'll get some diehard fans of both clubs paying it, but can't imagine any neutrals paying £15 quid for a game against 2 teams of that level.

Oh of course, you will get the fans who would usually go the game, 15 quid is a lot cheaper than your cost of attending, but you want get many fans of other clubs parting with money to watch.