You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

That Trossard is a consumptive looking fucker. Some nice stuff from him but he really has no end product. If Brighton could defend they might make mid table. Everton, on the other hand, look capable of deluding their fans up till Christmas, maybe the early New Year.

3 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Seems to be us obsessing about them recently.. just saying !

I think from our side it's been a little more magnanimous. It's apparent that appointing Ancelotti was a good move by them and, even accounting for the opposition (you can only play what's in front of you), they've had a good start. You just know that instead of enjoying it for what it is, they will - as usual - only be able to find some way of comparing what they are doing with us. Just like every Everton fan on a phone in will, no matter the subject, always mention us somewhere. Whereas, I dont know any red who'd do the same thing.

Wouldn't get too arsed. At the end of yhe day would you take any of their players for our first XI? I wouldn't. Would Ancelotti take any of ours? Probably all of them.

We're only a few games in, they've beaten sides you'd expect them to beat given the money spent and the calibre of their coach.

It also says a lot about the standard in the league at the moment too. Three basicslly amateur managers at the main rival clubs for a top six finish at the mancs, Chelsea and arse.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

I think from our side it's been a little more magnanimous. It's apparent that appointing Ancelotti was a good move by them and, even accounting for the opposition (you can only play what's in front of you), they've had a good start. You just know that instead of enjoying it for what it is, they will - as usual - only be able to find some way of comparing what they are doing with us. Just like every Everton fan on a phone in will, no matter the subject, always mention us somewhere. Whereas, I dont know any red who'd do the same thing.

I think most reds would be as bitter as them had we been under their boot since the sixties.  Even when they had a great side , winning two titles, in the eighties we were better. They have started really well this time and playing some nice stuff.  I doubt many rational Bloos really think they will finish above us but if we lost the derby it wouldn't shock me . 

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I am sure they were saying that they would suffer more than most without fans in the stadium, this must be their best start for many a year. Coincidence ?

They've spent loads of money and have a great manager, I just reckon it's that simple. So few of the other big clubs in the league have got their shit together it's a good time for a side like them to try and get top six. 

It's honestly surprising how many of the so called big six are limping on and have appointed what are essentially trainee managers.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They are doing well for sure. Definitely improved, have a CF on fire and a superb manager but you won't get any Reds sweating about them being close to us at the business end. 

I think they will be well behind us and they will do well to get top 4, but having said that, it could be a bit of a mad season if whole squads come down with the virus, which could be a complete leveller. I think it will probably impact all squads though.

A mediocre united with a terrible manager (some excellent players) and chelsea managed by a mediocre manager with a poor defence means that Arsenal and the Ev are in the mix for top 4. I personally think Spurs should get it with a bit to spare.

I can't see City being in that batch but if they lose a few games before Christmas, I think Pep could walk.

Guest Alex_K

Impressive from Everton today - thought they'd be dulled massively without Richarlison/Gomes/Allan as Brighton can be a handful. Doucoure has been a really good signing. Still think Hames will fade come winter. Bit of the Luis Garcia about him. They're a little bit like an early-Rafa side generally.