You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

27 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Waddle’s always been an outlier. I’m not even sure he’s human.

Another null and voider who has conveniently now has forgotten when suits that the virus is on the rise

Farcical”  Former Tottenham star say’s Premier League must be voided and Liverpool cannot be crowned champions “

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-premier-league-null-void-18167200

“

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

I said it before and I'll say it again. If we win our first 6 games, the league is done, at that rate we'd be 6 ahead of city, including beating them. Where would we drop the points???

Hmmmm, I dont know about that. There's going to be shitloads of dodgey pens given this season which will impact games. Plus, with no crowds in stadiums, some refs wont be inhibited about awarding them against the home team.

I know we once got 3 pens at old trafford but I dont think that ref today gives 3 against city if they had a full crowd on.

• Upvote 1

It wouldn’t surprise me if Citeh’s players are just sick of Guardiola.

Apparently he has a very intense relationship with them and there is only so much you can wring out of players before they start to resent you.

I know Barca & Bayern aren’t clubs you necessarily cherry pick from but I think he’s only ever resigned 1 ex player - Thiago when he was just coming through at Barca & as such, wasn’t as bored of the sissy. 

He has 4 years at Barca, which in the general lifespans of Barca coaches is an eternity. In 2011, Real Madrid & Mourinho pushed them all the way & in 2012 Real Madrid won the league & Guardiola left.

He was coach at Bayern and their supporters never really took to him and it was a bit of a loveless relationship. He was virtually un-opposed domestically but they faulted each season in Europe.

Now at Citeh, hard first season, brilliant 2nd & 3rd seasons, underachieved in his 4th season and now, it looks like his 5th season, his longest at any club, will hopefully, continue the same.

I genuinely don’t think he likes it when he’s constantly opposed and challenged. He’s all smiles and niceties when his sides are bitch slapping everybody all over the pitch and the media are fawning over tactical genius Pep is etc but he is a whiney little sissy when people stand up to him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Moyes stays at home and West Ham play well and look like beating a decent Wolves side comfortably. What could it all mean ?

Wolves are in a bit of a tricky position. Moutinho is 34 and probably due for the woodshed this year after a quality career; they've lost Doherty & Jota. Jonny is out with a long term injury. That's both the full backs, and the full backs were pretty central to how they played. Wouldn't be surprised if it takes them a little while to get it going. Bit of a makeshift side at the moment.

3 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

City won’t be nearly as far behind this time, if at all; I wouldn’t be surprised to see them win almost every game and for us to have to do the same while beating them twice in order to win the title. On the evidence so far, teams seem more terrified of them after last season - there’s an unshakeable aura of absolute invincibility.

This aged well.