You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think the golas were the only time they got out of their half in the first 45 minutes as well.

Yes, that's true. They only had about four shots in the whole game, I think.

I wonder who will be joining them and Fulham in getting relegated this season? Going to be a real fight amongst the other seven or eight utterly shit teams.

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Chelsea obviously deserved at least a point over the piece, but that last ball in definitely hits Havertz on the arm and, there is no black and white in these situations as we were told with Sadio at Old Trafford so no idea why it wasn't disallowed.

I imagine, when trying to justify these decisions over the coming days, the ref will say the West brom player cleared the ball and that it was a new phase of play. 

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Chelsea obviously deserved at least a point over the piece, but that last ball in definitely hits Havertz on the arm and, there is no black and white in these situations as we were told with Sadio at Old Trafford so no idea why it wasn't disallowed.

Been changed for this season.   Needs to be immediately before a goal now. 

So you know that's going to be interrupted several different ways throughout the season. 

Bottom line is West Brom shit the bed from the moment their keeper watched chelsea's 1st go past him.

Then they had a shit load of defenders back, someone said 7(!?) and most of them stood and watched the second goal go in without a challenge. Thought there may have been a foul on the west brom lad deep in the chelsea half in the move that led to their 3rd but the first two were easily defendable in my opinion.

How many times did west brom defenders just boot the ball at a chelsea player in that 2nd half?

We often talk about managers stealing a living; how Jamie Redknapp draws any sort of salary for his punditry is one of the world's greatest mysteries. Latest from the cliche-ridden dunce:

"Thiago Silva's got that aura about him that great players have. He could end up being Chelsea's best signing because of the importance in that area. He’s ageing, but age is just a number when you’re such a top player".

Yes, at 36 age is just a number. They should complement him with 79 year old Pele & 59 year old Maradonna. Who cares about how many points you get? They're just numbers too.

5 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

We often talk about managers stealing a living; how Jamie Redknapp draws any sort of salary for his punditry is one of the world's greatest mysteries. Latest from the cliche-ridden dunce:

"Thiago Silva's got that aura about him that great players have. He could end up being Chelsea's best signing because of the importance in that area. He’s ageing, but age is just a number when you’re such a top player".

Yes, at 36 age is just a number. They should complement him with 79 year old Pele & 59 year old Maradonna. Who cares about how many points you get? They're just numbers too.

Agreed.

He talks absolute nonsense most of the time. 

Chelsea have signed a 36 year old who hasn't played in one of the top 3 leagues in Europe at any point in his career. He's a stop gap on a on a one year contract.

When Chelsea have got everybody back and settled in they could have a very good team, but it will still need a hell of a lot of work to get it up to the same level as us.   

37 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Frank crying the excuses in. It’ll be funny when Roman decides enough is enough. Mind you, by then he’ll be on the LMA gravy train circulating through the likes of Palace, West Ham, Newcastle and Everton....

Whilst I couldn't give a fuck about fat Fwank's future, I despise Abramovich with such venom that I'll find nothing funny in him bringing about Moonface's eventual demise. Abramovich is utterly repellent and the epitome of the shitness of modern football. 

• Upvote 3

I look at Lampard the way I look at Solksjaer both of them should be nowhere near the club they're managing and as such it's better for us if they do just enough to keep the job. Of the two I think Lampard is probably the better manager but I don't see either becoming top class anytime soon.

I didn't see either game but I saw that the red mancs got an extra 2 minutes after the whistle should've blown, was that just for Brighton's goal or was there another reason for that?