You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

Arsenal player handballed in the box and no penalty was given. If the rule is so strict its a handball no matter what then the Arsenal decision was a corrupt one. A game has to be reffed with a common sense approach. We all mostly know if someone has intentionally handballed in order to cheat and who has little chance to move their arm.

Doucore is a bit of a beast. Just watched him out pace & muscle Zaha of all players. City's team of old men will get mugged by at least one of Everton & Palace this year -- both really athletic & quick teams.

Just now, The Guest said:

You’re right.  The way they are interpreting it is consistent though which suggests there’s an unwritten one they are following.

I'm not sure they are though and if that's now the benchmark there will be loads this season. I think off the top of my head that Gabriel at arsenal had one like that deemed not a pen. 

1 minute ago, torahboy said:

Can't see any top four botherers in this game, A match of mediocrities.

I don't see why not.   Three of the big six are more than a bit shit.   Leicester under the clown should have finished 4th last year and not much has changed.   Fourth won't be taking up by a good side thats for sure. 

They've a mignolet level keeper and a poor defence but the rest of the team isn't dreadful and they've a top manager. 

10 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Yep. Everton have been shit in the second half.

I thought they defended well and restricted Palace to nothing really.

The Ev play Brighton next week. As well as Brighton have played v Chelsea & the mancs, they've lost to 2 sides who greatly underperformed, The Ev will be looking to win that and go into the derby 12/12.

I can see them wiping egg from their faces on 17th October already.