You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

5 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

He was involved in all 5 goals in this game. 

Excellent at set pieces and creating chances, but not a great all round midfielder from what I've seen. 

Yeah, but isn't that kind of expected for an attacking midfielder? 13 goals and 10 assists in 25 games seems a good return, to me, even if some of those goals are pens.

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The best thing is that I don't give a shit about them anymore unless we are playing them. I even want them to beat the likes of City and Chelsea as they are no threat to us at all. Had forgot they were playing until I came on here.

I think because I grew up with them always being the 'team' and taking years of shit from their fans, I have a deep-rooted hatred of them. They could be playing Sunday league and I'd still be made if of they lost.

1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah, but isn't that kind of expected for an attacking midfielder? 13 goals and 10 assists in 25 games seems a good return, to me, even if some of those goals are pens.

Some???

I think eight of them 13 were pelanties. Read somewhere that of the last 14 of his 27 goals for United and Sporting last season were.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Some???

I think eight of them 13 were pelanties. Read somewhere that of the last 14 of his 27 goals for United and Sporting last season were.

Yes, I think that would still count as some. But OK, let's say he's only scored 5 goals from open play, as well as 8 pens. I'd still say that's a good return for an attacking midfielder.

14 minutes ago, Moo said:

I didn't see the end but I'm guessing the referee played extra time as Brighton scored during injury time,  did they take ages celebrating?  There must be something in the rules about VAR after the final whistle has blown.

No he added on an extra 1.5 minutes after what he should have for a goal being scored in extra time. He was determined to give united one last chance

1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

Yes, I think that would still count as some. But OK, let's say he's only scored 5 goals from open play, as well as 8 pens. I'd still say that's a good return for an attacking midfielder.

He's done well for them up to now alright.  Whether he can go a full season is another thing.

They wouldn't of got top 4 without Fernández. He's been a very good signing for them. Even if he's not as good as what they make out. Bit like Cantona brilliant for them, incredibly important but wouldn't even make my top 10 billion football players. Better comedy actor than international footballer. Unlike our King who is magnificent.

*no bias has been used in this post 

United were time wasting into injury time though.  They took nearly a full minute to make that Van De Beek sub after the board had gone up with 5 on it.  Then you add on Brighton’s celebrations and it’s difficult to complain.  At the end of the day that stupid cunt shouldn’t be trying to handball it in his own box.

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

It genuinely doesn't matter if Fernandes is any good or not. If they keep playing him and Pogba, both of whom want to play as number 10s, in front of 68 year old Matic, in front of one of the worst collection of defenders in the league, they are going to continue being utter shite.

Plus van De Beek who is the exact same type of midfielder as Pogba and Fernandes.