You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Dunno about that but he’s definitely fallen off a cliff

Sorry, I should have been a bit more specific. In a pound for pound sense, expectation versus outcome, he takes good players and makes them worse, consistently, while playing terrible football. He's the manager who is doing the worst job is a better way to put it 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

Spurs would be much better with a different manager. I honestly think Mourinho is one of the worst managers in the Premier League now 

Everything is relative, but given the quality of players he manages and the salary he commands this is probably correct. Is Dean Smith a worse manager? Probably. But then he's also paid around a fifth of what Mourinho takes, and manages maybe 1 player in 11 that would make Spurs' side. Mourinho is a really, really weak manager and has been so for 4 or 5 years now.

Edit: Just saw your second post - yes, agree completely.

7 minutes ago, torahboy said:

Both teams look like they skipped pre-season training.

To be fair to Everton they just played a whole new midfield who not only have never played together, have probably never even trained completely together. Its a disastrous result for Spurs. Mourinho is probably decent money for first manager out the door given how when it goes wrong for him at the beginning of seasons, it goes really wrong. He's 10th in the betting, beyond Dyche.

Pre-season my prediction for Everton was 60-65 points; wouldn't be surprised to see them challenge for the top 4 this year if they stay healthy.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Nah, he looked like he wanted to cry during the game today. He very much does care which is the funniest thing. I don't think he knows what's going wrong.

I'm sure during a game he cares but what I mean is that he knows at Tottenham he isn't going to be in any danger of challenging for the league. That squad is fucking awful and he isn't going to get given the funds to catch up with us and City, or even Chelsea and United. The fact he even took the job working for Levy would suggest that he doesn't really have the hunger any more. Maybe his stock had fallen such that there wasn't a better opportunity, I don't know. It almost certainly has now.

He'll finish fifth or sixth this year, maybe win one of the domestic cups. It'll all just be a bit "meh". But he knows his are that he either potters along at Spurs, gets paid a trillion quid a week in China/Qatar, or goes on the telly. I think Portugal winning the Euros really fucked up his plans. 

As someone else mentioned, the stadium issue is interesting at Spurs. Just moved in, and unlikely to be picking up any Champions League money any time soon.

11 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I'm sure during a game he cares but what I mean is that he knows at Tottenham he isn't going to be in any danger of challenging for the league. That squad is fucking awful and he isn't going to get given the funds to catch up with us and City, or even Chelsea and United. The fact he even took the job working for Levy would suggest that he doesn't really have the hunger any more. Maybe his stock had fallen such that there wasn't a better opportunity, I don't know. It almost certainly has now.

He'll finish fifth or sixth this year, maybe win one of the domestic cups. It'll all just be a bit "meh". But he knows his are that he either potters along at Spurs, gets paid a trillion quid a week in China/Qatar, or goes on the telly. I think Portugal winning the Euros really fucked up his plans. 

As someone else mentioned, the stadium issue is interesting at Spurs. Just moved in, and unlikely to be picking up any Champions League money any time soon.

I guess you could say given Spurs' resources, it was a curious move, but I don't know, I really think he liked the squad when he took the job.

Champions League finalists right before he got there, he probably thought he could take them to another level. I think he's just out of answers, he hasn't evolved. His style of football is the same it's always been, but it lacks freshness now.

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Mourinho has fucking ruined this Spurs team, well he ruined what was left after we killed them off in the Champions League final

Yep. The French lad from Lyon is really good. He could help him out to settle down , he keeps destroying it . Clueless, arrogant, self deluded cunt manager.