You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

Suprised  to see Rio in the studio when football should have been cancelled due to people’s health....

Had the chance there by Lineker  to back down on what he said earlier over null and void when asked “how great it was to have a chance to finish the season” but the bitter cunt couldn’t even do that just said “yeah triffic it’s great”

16 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Suprised  to see Rio in the studio when football should have been cancelled due to people’s health....

Had the chance there by Lineker  to back down on what he said earlier over null and void when asked “how great it was to have a chance to finish the season” but the bitter cunt couldn’t even do that just said “yeah triffic it’s great”

They missed a trick by not kicking  Ferdinand the cunt off and getting Klopp in for this match, plus both teams got German managers.

Have to be honest whoever wins it I’ll be jealous as fuck ...

I know the league is great especially after 30 years and it’s the bread and butter and all that but winning big ears and picking up that magnificent looking trophy is just the best feeling knowing the world is watching you do it...

11 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

I know it will mean drawing level with us, but I want Bayern to win as Ander Herrera has a horrible, punchable manc face 

See that never bothers me does that as you’re never going to catch Madrid, with this trophy it’s about your team winning it and to be fair Bayern should be on 9 now anyway after Villa, Porto , Utd and Chelsea finals 

4 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Have to be honest whoever wins it I’ll be jealous as fuck ...

I know the league is great especially after 30 years and it’s the bread and butter and all that but winning big ears and picking up that magnificent looking trophy is just the best feeling knowing the world is watching you do it...

Have to disagree. Winning the title after 30 years knocks the CL in my opinion.

Whatever happens tonight, we'll always be 2018 /19 European Champions.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Have to disagree. Winning the title after 30 years knocks the CL in my opinion.

Whatever happens tonight, we'll always be 2018 /19 European Champions.

I should have maybe explained it better this season was always about the league and I wouldn’t change for the world  but winning this is still an unbelievable feeling and maybe because it’s that in the moment feeling when you win it.

Winning the league on the final day would equal it 

3 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I should have maybe explained it better this season was always about the league and I wouldn’t change for the world  but winning this is still an unbelievable feeling and maybe because it’s that in the moment feeling when you win it.

This years version means next to fuck all though after the change to the format....destroyed it's credibility totally.

Just now, an tha said:

This years version means next to fuck all though after the change to the format....destroyed it's credibility totally.

Don't agree with that.

If we'd have won it again in this format I would have been as elated as the other times.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Stickman said:

No problem bud. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Just now, Elite said:

Don't agree with that.

If we'd have won it again in this format I would have been as elated as the other times.

Not for me.

The whole point of the knockout stages is the best teams in Europe clashing over 2 legs in each others grounds....negotiating the away goal rule, mounting the dramatic comebacks like ours against Barcelona last year whilst walking the tightrope of even 1 back for them changed everything, balancing the approach needed across the 2 legs, managing as things change.....no fluke wins in those hard 2 legged ties!

Doing that in 3 successive rounds to make the one off showpiece....especially the semi where so much is at stake across 180 mins.

This mini version they have played this year is not even nearly the same - and it is ludicrous to play 2 legged last 16 then 1 leg in last 8 and 4.

If any competition should come with an asterisk this season it is this.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

Nah, if you've never won it before then having this weird one as your only European Cup would lose credibility. When you're on 5 or 6 it becomes just as credible as the others, you've already proven yourself as worthy of being at the top table. 

When bayern are on 10, nobody will care about how they got number 6. 

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Not for me.

The whole point of the knockout stages is the best teams in Europe clashing over 2 legs in each others grounds....negotiating the away goal rule, mounting the dramatic comebacks like ours against Barcelona last year whilst walking the tightrope of even 1 back for them changed everything, balancing the approach needed across the 2 legs, managing as things change.....no fluke wins in those hard 2 legged ties!

Doing that in 3 successive rounds to make the one off showpiece....especially the semi where so much is at stake across 180 mins.

This mini version they have played this year is not even nearly the same - and it is ludicrous to play 2 legged last 16 then 1 leg in last 8 and 4.

Completely agree with this...it's changed too drastically in a lot of the major aspects that makes it so difficult to win in normal circumstances - playing home and away, away goals etc.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Not for me.

I get your point and two-legs is better but this format wouldn't have lessened my enjoyment of victory.

All that asterisk bullshit is what bitter losers say.