You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Good lord, some mancs saying it was Liverpool fans who stabbed Maguire's sister in that fracas. I hope that's not the case but no doubt we'll be seeing more disgusting posts about it from them and the shite fans soon enough.

They're also saying that Maguire only did what everybody else would have done if their sister had been stabbed. 

Bollocks. You'd fight with whoever did it, but taking swings at the police and lashing them to the floor? That's fuck all to do with the stabbing. Sorry, the alleged stabbing. 

So, are we routing for PSG or Bayern tonight then?

I won’t be cheering or crying either way but I think I have a slight preference for PSG.

Although I don’t have any time for PSG, I don’t want Bayern equalling our 6 times. 

Also, PSG (along with Citeh) are the hollowest team in the CL and will win it in the hollowest season. With the way they throw money about, it was likely to happen at some point.

Let them have their empty triumph and fuck off. 

I dont want Bayern to draw level with us, said that all along. But it's the lesser evil than seeing another plastic cheating club like PSG claim the top prize. Sorry, but them winning it would really stick in my craw and would not be good for football general.

Bayern might be shit cunts stealing all the other Bundesliga clubs' best players but at least they dont have cunts like Neymar in their team.

For anyone in the UK (and Ireland?) interested, BT are showing the game live and for free on their BT Sport You Tube channel.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

So, are we routing for PSG or Bayern tonight then?

I won’t be cheering or crying either way but I think I have a slight preference for PSG.

Although I don’t have any time for PSG, I don’t want Bayern equalling our 6 times. 

Also, PSG (along with Citeh) are the hollowest team in the CL and will win it in the hollowest season. With the way they throw money about, it was likely to happen at some point.

Let them have their empty triumph and fuck off. 

I’ll be watching Antiques Roadshow.

• Upvote 1

Not really arsed now that City are out although it’s funny nobody mentions “asterisks” anymore when what they’ve done to the competition makes it the most “asterisk” and “tainted trophy” there has ever been.
So I guess it would be kind of apt for a team like PSG to win something like that.

54 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

Is that confirmed or is it just a myth?

Barcelona will have to pay Liverpool €5m if Philippe Coutinho wins the Champions League with Bayern Munich this season, according to the Mirror. The report says the clause in Coutinho's contract does not specify that he has to win the #UCL while playing for Barca

From the Echo:

The Reds are just £4.4m away from receiving the full fee for Coutinho from Barcelona and the ECHO understands the final installment is due to be paid when certain appearance-based milestones are met with Barca themselves.

That means Liverpool won't be given any cash boost by Bayern's potential success in Europe's premier competition this term.

28 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

From the Echo:

The Reds are just £4.4m away from receiving the full fee for Coutinho from Barcelona and the ECHO understands the final installment is due to be paid when certain appearance-based milestones are met with Barca themselves.

That means Liverpool won't be given any cash boost by Bayern's potential success in Europe's premier competition this term.

Wouldnt be the first time the Echo was reporting complete bullshit.

That said, £4.5m is fuck all in the scheme of things in football.