You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

On 18/08/2020 at 00:39, Trumo said:

For those of you complaining about the design of our new Nike kits, this is what Adidas have cooked up for Man Utd's 3rd kit.

vo7hEU1_d.webp?maxwidth=728&fidelity=gra

Joe Exotic designing footy shirts from his jail cell. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, cloggypop said:

The KNVB (Dutch FA) have announced that Ronald Koeman is leaving for Barcelona. 

https://www.knvb.nl/nieuws/oranje/nederlands-elftal/61161/ronald-koeman

I know it's been a dream of his but what terrible timing? Barca are in free-fall and have elections coming up and the Dutch side is looking as good as it has since 2010. He has shot his bolt too soon IMO. He could have won the euros with that Dutch side. 

He has taken Larsson as his assistant. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I know it's been a dream of his but what terrible timing? Barca are in free-fall and have elections coming up and the Dutch side is looking as good as it has since 2010. He has shot his bolt too soon IMO. He could have won the euros with that Dutch side. 

He has taken Larsson as his assistant. 

I'm assuming Everton have stopped paying him. 

I wonder if he'll recall Coutinho.  He might have the balls to start re-shaping the side without being 100% reliant on an ageing Messi.  It's not as if they've got a big pot of cash to chuck around at the moment and isn't Coutinho still technically their player ?

Or he could join the queue and lick that golden hoop and allow Messi to stroll around the pitch at his leisure.

Either way I hope he does an Everton job on them.  From Matalan to Catalan.

Watched an old MotD last night. Man Utd at home to Leeds in 1979. I'm sure it was Barry Davies commentating, on more than one occasion he referred to Terry Connor as the young black kid. Bit surreal listening to it, he scored I'm fairly sure he was greeted to monkey chants at half time.

Leeds fans were singing YNWA, heard Sunderland fans singing it a few backs back, also at Old Trafford. Did everyone sing it back then or what?

50 minutes ago, No2 said:

Watched an old MotD last night. Man Utd at home to Leeds in 1979. I'm sure it was Barry Davies commentating, on more than one occasion he referred to Terry Connor as the young black kid. Bit surreal listening to it, he scored I'm fairly sure he was greeted to monkey chants at half time.

Leeds fans were singing YNWA, heard Sunderland fans singing it a few backs back, also at Old Trafford. Did everyone sing it back then or what?Did

Nah, they were too busy throwing bananas and doing monkey chants 

manchester city are 'hopeful' Etihad Airlines, who have lost around 600m pounds in the first 6 months of this year, will continue their sponsorship of just under £68m a year to the club beyond 2021.

I wonder what the chances of the new deal being bigger than £68m a year are?

Beyond incredible CAS couldnt spot anything wrong with this.