You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

List your favourite American Bands (for the US tournament)

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Someone mentioned about the Beach Boys not being able to play and the musicians involved.

Elvis didn't write shit but didn't stop him recording some of the greatest tracks of all time 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Nah, was born there. Is a US citizen. We are also claiming US citizen Neil Young. Allowing Bryan Adams and all the members of Bare Naked Ladies to remain Canadian. In talks to see about getting Triumph brought onboard.

Fucking hell we will be counting Bob Marley at this rate, I mean he lived there for a while. 

It's like International football for the Republic of Ireland under Jack Charlton 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Not sure what you are on about tbh.

Allowing Canadians in because they got US citizenship. 

Don't worry I'm fucking shattered, think I've had more than 4 hours sleep about twice in two weeks

. Might cheer you up to know my pal Rick voted for Sam and Dave.

It does, but can they be veiwed as the band?, just a duo of frontmen. I do love them though. 

Just ads to my vote for the MGs to be in there. 

Just now, Lee909 said:

It does, but can they be veiwed as the band?, just a duo of frontmen. I do love them though. 

Just ads to my vote for the MGs to be in there. 

Apparently duos are in.

MG's are in the mix, but they would be judged on their material don't you think - some awesome stuff but not sure an instrumental only band gets in. Same for the Meters tbh. Or Miles.

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Sam & Dave are boss. 

They are

But as I said they are frontmen not really the band. The big hits where written by Issac Hayes and David Porter and the music by Booker T Jones, Steve Croper and Al Jackson. 

Apparently duos are in.

MG's are in the mix, but they would be judged on their material don't you think - some awesome stuff but not sure an instrumental only band gets in. Same for the Meters tbh. Or Miles.

Yeah it's tough for studio bands. 

Some serious musicians that just get ignored on the whole and some bring far more to the table than bands that will get in, or the frontmen that get selected. 

I think this one will run off the rails a bit. The British one stayed more to actual bands. Some might get in because they have a band that plays with them while others will get ignored because it's just say Willie Nelson or Waylon Jennings(he had a band the Waylors)