Sign in to follow this  
dockers_strike

Cycling - Critérium du Dauphiné 2020

7 hours ago, niallers said:

hasn't the winner of this won the tour basically every year? Should be a good indicator of where everyone's at

Yes, I think it's something like that.

By the way, apologies to cycling fans, it appears Eurosport website cannot state the correct time for the start of UK tv coverage. It's 1.45pm on Eurosport 2!

So this is a Tour de France warm up race? 

I treat the Tour de France as a french travelogue. I turn the sound off and basically ignore the cyclists while enjoying the french countryside through aerial views. It almost feels like a holiday.

26 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I treat the Tour de France as a french travelogue. I turn the sound off and basically ignore the cyclists while enjoying the french countryside through aerial views. It almost feels like a holiday.

Yes, it's seen as the Tour's warm up and that starts 29 August I believe.

50 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yes, it's seen as the Tour's warm up and that starts 29 August I believe.

That is very late. Will the other big ones take place like the Italian one and the Spanish one too?

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

That is very late. Will the other big ones take place like the Italian one and the Spanish one too?

The Vuelta, Spain is scheduled for 20 October to 8 November and the Giro d Italia 3 to 25 October.  Im kind of surprised those two are so far off and the overlap will severely impact the teams selections.

On 12/08/2020 at 15:03, dockers_strike said:

The Vuelta, Spain is scheduled for 20 October to 8 November and the Giro d Italia 3 to 25 October.  Im kind of surprised those two are so far off and the overlap will severely impact the teams selections.

I imagine the weather will be very different to their normal dates? Cooler might actually help,but rain and possible icy conditions in the mountains may pose problems too.

On 12/08/2020 at 11:37, VladimirIlyich said:

That's how I began. Then I got hooked on the competition.

7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I imagine the weather will be very different to their normal dates? Cooler might actually help,but rain and possible icy conditions in the mountains may pose problems too.

Talking about the weather on this...

The following is the back of Tim Declercq, who was one of the riders coming in the last group on yesterday's stage...

They got into a bit of a hail storm

dcx-80095002-20200813191914

Taken from here: https://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/cykling/vilde-billeder-ryttere-ramt-af-hagl/8247963

That has got to have hurt. Fucking hell...

35 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

The following is the back of Tim Declercq, who was one of the riders coming in the last group on yesterday's stage...

Taken from here: https://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/cykling/vilde-billeder-ryttere-ramt-af-hagl/8247963

Ouch!!!

21 hours ago, DJLJ said:

Fucking brutal!