You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Aug 4-10 2020)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg.c1fbcaffb0090e7b2d3f5068e60210dc.jpg

Tuesday Aug 4:

Looks like we’re about to pick from the relegation carcass again. Jamal Lewis for £10m would make sense, although I thought there was more chance we’d go for the lad Kelly at Bournemouth having been in for him a year ago. It seems the Reds weren’t thrilled at the way his agent handled negotiations though and he’s therefore not under consideration, which leaves the door open for Lewis.

Assuming of course that Norwich are realistic about the fee. There’s some talk that they don’t need to sell and are demanding £20m for him. Larouci is being spoken of as a possible makeweight in the deal and this is eerily similar to the Robbo for Kev Stewart swap a few years back. With that in mind, I’m all in.

Norwich demanding £20m is funny though as all that will do it raise Larouci’s price by £10m to cover the difference. By the time Edwards has finished turning the screw on them they’ll probably end up paying us £20m.

No-one is pulling our pants down on transfers anymore.

Wednesday Aug 5:

Meanwhile, United’s move for Sancho seems to have hit a complication. That complication being United don’t think they should have to meet Dortmund’s asking price because they feel the German club isn’t taking into account the impact Covid has had on teams. Jesus.

If this tactic works then I might try it myself. I need a new putter but I don’t want to pay £300 or whatever it is for a top of the line one, so maybe if I go into American Golf and tell them they’re being unreasonable and that Covid has left me a little skint, they’ll see my point of view and sell to me at half price?

We’re in a similar position with Norwich, who reportedly now “won’t even pick up the phone” unless we offer £20m and don’t seem to be that keen on Larouci anymore. That’s fine, he’s their player and he’s under contract. They can demand what they like, but there’s no way we’re paying £20m if our opening gambit was only £10m.

The good thing from our point of view is we don’t need him. We don’t actually need another left back at all. It would be nice to have one, but it’s not a pressing requirement so I’m sure Klopp and Edwards are fairly relaxed about this whole thing.

This is just a teaser, click to view the full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

Spot on about that lloyd kelly's agent fucking around and screwing his client's future up. I bet old (young) lloyd is saying 'what the fuck have you done? I left a championship club to be in the Prem and now Im back in the championship and Liverpool have moved on, you fucking clown!'

Different story for young Lewis. I do feel for the lad because he was desparate to come here and let it be known publically. I see Norwich are now trying to shift the blame onto us! 'Oh we knocked back your first bid, wanted you to come back with £20m+ and you didnt!'

Rudiger? Nah, someone's having a laugh, arent they? Would Jurgen sign the guy who persuaded Pulisic and Werner to go to chelsea?

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic