You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

British Band Tournament - Round 2. New Order vs Black Sabbath

Bjornebye

British Band Tournament - Round 2. New Order vs Black Sabbath  

62 members have voted

1. 1. British Band Tournament - Round 2. New Order vs Black Sabbath

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/08/20 at 14:39

33 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

More proof that democracy isn't the answer

I suspect a lot of people haven't listened to Sabbath's first few albums & just see them as some generic, ridiculous heavy metal band.

Not that it matters a great deal.

24 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

There's no way on this earth or the next that Black Sabbath are a better band than New Order. 

I assume you’ve heard ‘Paranoid’ & ‘Iron Man’?

The first four albums are song for song the greatest heavy rock albums ever committed to tape in a genre of which they are responsible for and peerless in. This doesn’t even factor in their legacy which goes through Purple, Mayhem, Pantera, Motörhead, Queens of the Stone Age and any other heavy band you’d care to mention, they will all pay tribute to Sabbath for paving the way.

Every band that has ever hit a power cord whilst wearing black is nothing but a pale imitation of Sabbath, they we’re the first and will always be best. 

A genuinely defining band that led where millions have tried to follow, always in their shadow. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The first four albums are song for song the greatest heavy rock albums ever committed to tape in a genre of which they are responsible for and peerless in. This doesn’t even factor in their legacy which goes through Purple, Mayhem, Pantera, Motörhead, Queens of the Stone Age and any other heavy band you’d care to mention, they will all pay tribute to Sabbath for paving the way.

Every band that has ever hit a power cord whilst wearing black is nothing but a pale imitation of Sabbath, they we’re the first and will always be best. 

A genuinely defining band that led where millions have tried to follow, always in their shadow. 

That almost sounds like you are suggesting that Sabbath have done anything nearly as good as Back in Black 

8 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

So, without Black Sabbath, hundreds and hundreds of these horrible, heavy metal bands would not have existed?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Without Sabbath there’s no Back In Black, and yes, all four of Sabbaths first albums are better.

I've seen some shite posted on here but fuck me this is up there. if we did a tournemnt for most ridiculous shouts on here thats a semi-final contender at least. Obviously some shit I've said will probably win it but jesus fucking sweet baby jesus and all her shitty nappy orphans 

Black Sabbaths first 4 albums came out about 10 years before Back In Black. Back In Black is the 7th biggest selling album of all time. None of Sabbaths are in the top 100 I don't think. 

I'll stand by my initial point. To suggest Sabbath are better than AC/DC is fucking lunacy. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I've seen some shite posted on here but fuck me this is up there. if we did a tournemnt for most ridiculous shouts on here thats a semi-final contender at least. Obviously some shit I've said will probably win it but jesus fucking sweet baby jesus and all her shitty nappy orphans 

This feels like Gino Di Campo lecturing Reni Redzepi about food.

I’m Redzepi in the analogy just for clarity.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

This feels like Gino Di Campo lecturing Reni Redzepi about food.

I’m Redzepi in the analogy just for clarity.

Sorry, I know you are a fan and all and everyone is entitled to an opinion but fuck me. It's like saying The Crickets are better than The Beatles. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Sorry, I know you are a fan and all and everyone is entitled to an opinion but fuck me. It's like saying The Crickets are better than The Beatles. 

Go away, actually listen to all four albums, figure out why you’re very, very wrong, then come back and apologise. I won’t hold it against you.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Go away, actually listen to all four albums, figure out why you’re very, very wrong, then come back and apologise. I won’t hold it against you.

I've listened to enough to be able to cast an opinion or I wouldn't have bothered until I had. Load of brummie shite. 

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Black Sabbaths first 4 albums came out about 10 years before Back In Black. Back In Black is the 7th biggest selling album of all time. None of Sabbaths are in the top 100 I don't think. 

I'll stand by my initial point. To suggest Sabbath are better than AC/DC is fucking lunacy. 

Fucking hell, the eagles hold 2 of the top 3 spots on that list. Not sure that's the right angle...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

So, without Black Sabbath, hundreds and hundreds of these horrible, heavy metal bands would not have existed?

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, and the hundreds of good ones too! 

Sliding doors shit, right there.

I'm not convinced by this.  Blues rock in the late Sixties was getting heavier with or without Sabbath. 

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Fucking hell, the eagles hold 2 of the top 3 spots on that list. Not sure that's the right angle...

Thats not my main point. Just pointing it out. AC/DC are better than Black Sabbath. Back in Black is better tan any Sabbath album. 

Of course, Sabbath aren't shite, They are boss. They just aren't as good as AC/DC.