You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Popular sports you have zero interest in?

Elite

There are plenty of sports in which I have zero interest, but only one I actively detest: horse racing. I'm sure it's down to more than the memories of 1980's RTÉ interrupting live football to head over to the 3.15 from Goodwood, but that's a good place to start.

14 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Wrestling. Is it even a sport ? It’s pantomime at best. Absolutely don’t get it. 

I wouldn't call it a sport. I don't think it's meant to be considered a sport either. It's entertainment with athletes. 

Another one I remembered that seems to be quite popular that I find dull is cycling. That includes the Tour de France type stuff and the stuff indoors at the Olympics. 

1 minute ago, The Golden Eel said:

I wouldn't call it a sport. I don't think it's meant to be considered a sport either. It's entertainment with athletes. 

Another one I remembered that seems to be quite popular that I find dull is cycling. That includes the Tour de France type stuff and the stuff indoors at the Olympics. 

While I'd agree with you on the Tour de France I think the Olympic cycling is really exciting. 

7 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Like, I can understand how an American grew up with it can enjoy baseball, even if I don't, different strokes for different folks. But how anyone can sit around watching someone in a smoke-filled room whack a ball with a stick or throw a pointy stick at a board for hours and hours and pretend it's entertaining is baffling to the point of suspicion to me. Something just can't be right with a person who could enjoy it.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e477p9wp2kjs5gmoh0xte

Darts is terrible to watch on tv. I know of lads that have really enjoyed going out to watch it, and that’s different, but as a tv sport it’s terrible.

i can’t stand basketball. Absolutely no interest at all, and rugby league isn’t far behind.

i went to the super league final at old Trafford as part of a stag do about 12-13 years ago, and it absolutely killed what had up to that point been a cracking day.

utterly boring sport.

Lots I don't like and don't watch but Rugby League and basketball top the list.

When I first migrated to Australia, sport was all horse racing (blech) and Rugby league. Then, exclusively Sydney, all the teams representing suburbs of Sydney. Propped up by mafia controlled clubs stuffed with one armed bandits. TV commentary was and still is dominated by morons who are in a state of perpetual hysteria.

Basketball is a totally contrived "game" that can be successfully played only by bean poles. If you're under 6ft 3 forget it.

Horse racing and greyhound racing are bent, the fix is in on at least 90% of events

Just now, The Golden Eel said:

Darts venues are generally full of drunken bellends who have no real interest in darts. 

It’s not something that appeals to me, but I could see why it would be enjoyable to a group of lads all out to enjoy themselves together