You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Popular sports you have zero interest in?

Elite

Cricket 

Rugby

Formula 1

They would be the main ones. Just never had even the slightest interest in watching them. 

I’m quite disappointed actually if I’m talking to someone and they don’t like football but start enthusing about rugby. May as well be from a different planet!

Rounders (I mean Baseball) although I enjoy films about it and learning about its history and great players of the past. 

Despite being from its heartland, I’d tentatively put forward Rugby League. Doesn’t quite fit your criteria as it’s not that popular outside particular areas. Also, I’ll watch the occasional Wakefield Trinity game and maybe The Grand Final in the pub. Mostly bores me though. Sorry, I know you’re a fan. 

Anything involving horses - so that includes racing and making them dance

American football - lots of huddles and stoppages in play, just for one bloke to hurl the ball at a roided-up teammate while the rest of them ignore the ball and feel each other up

Basketball - you score, we score nonsense

• Upvote 1

Cricket: I played some growing up, but I just don’t care about it. It’s too prolonged for me to enjoy it. 

Golf: Same as above, really. I prefer golf to cricket, But it’s still just too slow for me to keep interest. 

Rugby: Fuck off. Unlike cricket and golf, I actively dislike rugby. I dislike Union more than League but I don’t like either. Waste of time, ruggerbuggering twats. 

American Sports: Completely encapsulates their nation. Nacho hat eating, 15 litre soda drinking, bizarre name having weirdos. Any game that finishes 1543 - 1542 isn’t a game I’m going to care about. 

Things I follow: Tennis and F1 weekly. Quite like Snooker and Darts. I quite like some eSports. 

• Upvote 1

Pro Basketball - it's shite. College hoop is better, but still...

Baseball is a funny one - it is crap in person or on TV but on the radio it is great. Not sure why.

The NFL was made for TV - though again the college game is better, especially in the South.

The Winter Olympics are majestic, the Summer is crap.