Quantcast
Kostas Tsimikas - Page 9 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YNWA-Viking

Kostas Tsimikas

Recommended Posts

Tested positive for covid and will now miss the start of the season. 

 

These internationals haven't been the smartest idea.  Completely pointless too, nations league my arse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Grinch said:

Tested positive for covid and will now miss the start of the season. 

 

These internationals haven't been the smartest idea.  Completely pointless too, nations league my arse. 

I couldn't understand why the club's were allowing them. They're their players, surely they could simply have said we're back playing now and in our bubbles, international football needs to wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I couldn't understand why the club's were allowing them. They're their players, surely they could simply have said we're back playing now and in our bubbles, international football needs to wait. 


This quite obviously would have been the sensible decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I couldn't understand why the club's were allowing them. They're their players, surely they could simply have said we're back playing now and in our bubbles, international football needs to wait be done away with entirely as it's fucking shite.

Fixed

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:


This quite obviously would have been the sensible decision.

I heard something on a podcast the other day saying it's all basically gone ahead because smaller associations would go out of business. But I just can't believe uefa or FIFA can't help those countries through this period. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not saying this because one of our players has been directly affected by it, but UEFA should have seen sense and jibbed off this year's Nations League on account of the club season already having to be squeezed into a shorter timeframe. Not to mention that UEFA's own showpiece international tournament is due to take place at the end of this season too. In addition to that, the pragmatic and sensible thing to have done was to scrap international football for this calendar year at least. With European club competitions, at least the clubs can form their own bubble and make arrangements accordingly. It lessens rather than removes the chances of spreading the virus, but international football breaks all those club bubbles as too many people are having to travel to and from too many places, making it impossible to ease containment. It's a much easier decision to curtail a tournament before it's even started than it is to do so when it's already got underway.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I'm not saying this because one of our players has been directly affected by it, but UEFA should have seen sense and jibbed off this year's Nations League on account of the club season already having to be squeezed into a shorter timeframe. Not to mention that UEFA's own showpiece international tournament is due to take place at the end of this season too. In addition to that, the pragmatic and sensible thing to have done was to scrap international football for this calendar year at least. With European club competitions, at least the clubs can form their own bubble and make arrangements accordingly. It lessens rather than removes the chances of spreading the virus, but international football breaks all those club bubbles as too many people are having to travel to and from too many places, making it impossible to ease containment. It's a much easier decision to curtail a tournament before it's even started than it is to do so when it's already got underway.

I thought there should have been some type of solution that stopped international football, domestic football used the slots and then at the end of the season those slots would be freed to tag onto the break for the Euros. This way the players could be in their club bubble all season, then join their international bubble for 10 weeks or whatever. I'm assuming that was just too difficult to arrange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I'm not saying this because one of our players has been directly affected by it, but UEFA should have seen sense and jibbed off this year's Nations League on account of the club season already having to be squeezed into a shorter timeframe. Not to mention that UEFA's own showpiece international tournament is due to take place at the end of this season too. In addition to that, the pragmatic and sensible thing to have done was to scrap international football for this calendar year at least. With European club competitions, at least the clubs can form their own bubble and make arrangements accordingly. It lessens rather than removes the chances of spreading the virus, but international football breaks all those club bubbles as too many people are having to travel to and from too many places, making it impossible to ease containment. It's a much easier decision to curtail a tournament before it's even started than it is to do so when it's already got underway.

Totally agree. Fucking ridiculous FIFA and UEFA are holding internationals. The international calendar should be suspended. End of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×