Quantcast
Kostas Tsimikas - Page 3 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YNWA-Viking

Kostas Tsimikas

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Somebody must have known about him - we started negotiations a few weeks ago.

I guy on Twitter, @19YNWA, said we’d scouted him and he’d been recommended to the committee on 31st July. 

He’s a bit of a pain though, he doesn’t clearly post stuff. He gives hints and clues because, he says, doesn’t want to give his sources or whatever away. 

8599DA82-F74D-4BF2-AA63-98D19FA0E636.jpeg

He was right on Robertson and maybe a couple of others as well. He’s of the opinion we do want Thiago. 

With all due respect to that guy our scouting and vetting process has clearly been in depth for the fellas we have signed recently. My guess is he has been on the club's radar for quite some time.

23 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Somebody must have known about him - we started negotiations a few weeks ago.

I meant us, here, and the general fanbase. There wasn't any intention or implication that Michael Edwards was included in that.

Just now, Chocoholic said:

I meant us, here, and the general fanbase. There wasn't any intention or implication that Michael Edwards was included in that.

Oh - agree. I still have never heard of him.

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I’m glad we’ve bought cover for Robbo but seeing as I’d only ever heard of him last week, I have no opinion of him.

Lets just hope he’s better than Kyriakos.

In fact has there ever been a decent Greek  defender in the Premiership? Or a decent Greek player?

They won the euros in 2004 left "CR7" in tears if I remember rightly.

13 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

I'm sure I heard somewhere that football scouts use the database employed by football manager. If this is even remotely true, having literally an entire list of players available means they can send scouts to watch any players they can. The scouting network clubs use I can imagine is scarily massive and there must be so much competitive secrecy between networks. 

People need to turn down their expectations here from 'this lad is dynamite and will be world class', to 'Andrew Robertson is actually world class, and this lad looks handy to learn from Robbo and give him a couple of breathers a season'.

Ta.

• Upvote 1

Does he speak English ?  And even if he does, will he be able to understand Robbo ?

Hopefully some of Robbo's snide rubs off on him.  You need a bit of that.

34 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Does he speak English ?  And even if he does, will he be able to understand Robbo ?

Hopefully some of Robbo's snide rubs off on him.  You need a bit of that.

He has a bit of snide judging him on that one game marking Traore, never gave him an inch and always at him.

Really like the look of this signing. A talented young player with experience at a good European club. 

Exactly what you want your back up lb to be. Hopefully he gets a bit of experience and is ready if he has to step in for Robbo for a spell.

48 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Probably better than what we have out there - until he is not. Then I reserve the right to come back and edit this post to say he was/is shite.

Or is/was.

Now we are improving on our left back department, maybe we can start looking for a deputy to Howie?