You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kostas Tsimikas

YNWAViking

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Grinch said:

Tested positive for covid and will now miss the start of the season. 

These internationals haven't been the smartest idea.  Completely pointless too, nations league my arse. 

I couldn't understand why the club's were allowing them. They're their players, surely they could simply have said we're back playing now and in our bubbles, international football needs to wait. 

23 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I couldn't understand why the club's were allowing them. They're their players, surely they could simply have said we're back playing now and in our bubbles, international football needs to wait be done away with entirely as it's fucking shite.

Fixed

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

This quite obviously would have been the sensible decision.

I heard something on a podcast the other day saying it's all basically gone ahead because smaller associations would go out of business. But I just can't believe uefa or FIFA can't help those countries through this period. 

I'm not saying this because one of our players has been directly affected by it, but UEFA should have seen sense and jibbed off this year's Nations League on account of the club season already having to be squeezed into a shorter timeframe. Not to mention that UEFA's own showpiece international tournament is due to take place at the end of this season too. In addition to that, the pragmatic and sensible thing to have done was to scrap international football for this calendar year at least. With European club competitions, at least the clubs can form their own bubble and make arrangements accordingly. It lessens rather than removes the chances of spreading the virus, but international football breaks all those club bubbles as too many people are having to travel to and from too many places, making it impossible to ease containment. It's a much easier decision to curtail a tournament before it's even started than it is to do so when it's already got underway.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I'm not saying this because one of our players has been directly affected by it, but UEFA should have seen sense and jibbed off this year's Nations League on account of the club season already having to be squeezed into a shorter timeframe. Not to mention that UEFA's own showpiece international tournament is due to take place at the end of this season too. In addition to that, the pragmatic and sensible thing to have done was to scrap international football for this calendar year at least. With European club competitions, at least the clubs can form their own bubble and make arrangements accordingly. It lessens rather than removes the chances of spreading the virus, but international football breaks all those club bubbles as too many people are having to travel to and from too many places, making it impossible to ease containment. It's a much easier decision to curtail a tournament before it's even started than it is to do so when it's already got underway.

I thought there should have been some type of solution that stopped international football, domestic football used the slots and then at the end of the season those slots would be freed to tag onto the break for the Euros. This way the players could be in their club bubble all season, then join their international bubble for 10 weeks or whatever. I'm assuming that was just too difficult to arrange. 

33 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Totally agree. Fucking ridiculous FIFA and UEFA are holding internationals. The international calendar should be suspended. End of.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...