You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kostas Tsimikas

YNWAViking

11 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

"Proper number 9"

Amazing.

Tell Salah to get some chalk on his boots, go to the byline and cross it to the big man. Big beefy header from the proper number 9, Bob's your uncle, meat and gravy for dinner, thank you very much. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Em City said:

Tell Salah to get some chalk on his boots, go to the byline and cross it to the big man. Big beefy header from the proper number 9, Bob's your uncle, meat and gravy for dinner, thank you very much. 

We need to get Mo in a "big man, little man" front two.

Trent spraying diagonals onto the proper number 9's noggin and Salah running onto the flick on's >>>>>

3 hours ago, clockspeed said:

Yip good engine and left footed . Kinda hoping the HG thing (and how we have not addressed with Lewis) pushes us towards White for the CB vacancy. If that’s the case he could be our big outlay for this window meaning the #9 will not be addressed. Thiago is a no brainier but I don’t believe the rumours that we are his only suitors.

We've got that young CB who kept quiet that world class centre forward who 'ran past VVD' once in his dreams.

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Win one league title and some fans think we’re too good for Aguero or Lewandowski. Can’t be arsed. Football is definitely going a bit too ‘hip’ for my liking.

Mate you’re just obsessed with numbers and starting positions on the telly lineup without thinking about roles in the team.

Salah and Mané are the strikers, Firmino is the number 10, and Trent and Robbo are the old fashioned wingers, whipping crosses in and getting assists.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

9 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Mate you’re just obsessed with numbers and starting positions on the telly lineup without thinking about roles in the team.

Salah and Mané are the strikers, Firmino is the number 10, and Trent and Robbo are the old fashioned wingers, whipping crosses in and getting assists.

No, I’m okay with Bobby to keep his place for now. It wasn’t his best season but I expect him to improve next year.

The attacker we need doesn’t need to be a number nine or a false nine or a 10, or a replica of Salah, Mane or Bobby. 

he needs to be a player that fits our style of play. One who is intelligent, can play with others, either running off them, or feeding them, can press and understand his role in the team.

ideally, he’d also be a terrific finisher, and lighting fast, but a decent combination of those attributes will leave us with a good player who adds to what we have. That’s what we need.

getting hung up on anything else is a fools errand. There’s only one Bobby, nobody else is quite like him, and so that means we can’t get a direct copy, so let’s find the best footballer we can that will compliment what we have and got our style of play. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I hate the over hyping of players especially mediocre ones because we are so desperate to see us sign somebody we blow smoke up their arse and elevate them way too much! that aside this lad Tsimikas is something special id be fucking shocked if he doesn't end his career with the most Ballon D'or wins ever.

1 hour ago, Arnaud said:

Agree with your post mate. On Bobby, I think Griezmann could play like him, but he would not come anyway.

He’s one of those players I have an irrational dislike for and will never be convinced he’s not crap. A bit like Zlatan, or before him Inzaghi. Good, but crap.

28 minutes ago, YNWA-Viking said:

Pearce reporting in The Athletic that we're considering Ben White, Aissa Mandi, Ismaila Sarr and potentially Thiago. 

Considering - monitoring - eyeing a swoop - in talks - lean.

Long way to go yet.