You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

British Band Tournament - Round 1. Queen vs Dexys Midnight Runners

Bjornebye

British Band Tournament - Round 1. Queen vs Dexys Midnight Runners  

66 members have voted

1. 1. British Band Tournament - Round 1. Queen vs Dexys Midnight Runners

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/08/20 at 08:54

3 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Fuck off, Eileen. Freddie is coming through. 

In my opinion, Queen should win the whole thing. 

A final of Queen Vs Led Zeppelin would be interesting. 

I’m voting Queen, however, like most thought DMR are a bit of a novelty band because of Eileen.

They’ve done a lot of Tim Burgess listening parties in lockdown and they are in fact a lot better than I realised. Searching For The Young Soul Rebels is a really good album and well worth checking out, they are great musicians to boot.

Didn’t mind Freddie but I think I may be the only person in the country who thought their Live Aid gig was over rehearsed to death pompous shite....

And is there a more boring and uncool pair of fuckers than John Deacon and Brian May 

07429c1533451479ca05b967f78dc52e.jpg

HandyBraveAsianlion-size_restricted.gif

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Searching For The Young Soul Rebels by Dexys is a fine album. 

Can't stand Queen. Preposterous, over the top, theatrical, Sun City playing wankers.

Feel the same. Plus Geno is one of my favourite songs ever.

Dexys is heading out but it's basically a solo act anyway, isn't it? 

Rowland is famously difficult; in fact if you watch that Come on Eileen video, you'll notice one of the musicians is present in parts of it, but not others. This is because Rowland sacked him on the day.

3 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Rowland is famously difficult; in fact if you watch that Come on Eileen video, you'll notice one of the musicians is present in parts of it, but not others. This is because Rowland sacked him on the day.

His first cousins are from my neck of the woods in Ireland. Nice people.  I like Dexy's but has to be Queen.

23 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Yeah, I was thinking that myself. There's been so many changes to the line-up that it's hard to think of them as a single entity. Rowland is absolutely batshit

2 hours ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

So, you're saying The Fall should be disqualified?