Quantcast
British Band Tournament - Round 1. Pet Shop Boys vs Cream - Page 6 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

British Band Tournament - Round 1. Pet Shop Boys vs Cream

British Band Tournament - Round 1. Pet Shop Boys vs Cream  

59 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. British Band Tournament - Round 1. Pet Shop Boys vs Cream

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/08/20 at 08:51

7 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

They’re a go to band if you are stoned. They’re not your normal prog rock shit. 

They're prog rock for girls & people who can't count.

• Downvote 1

On 07/08/2020 at 18:30, Lee909 said:

I absolutely love Loan me a dime. 

Had Duane Allman in on the session

Yes it's great, what an outro, deffo one of my favourite albums along with the one he did next Boz Scaggs and Band. 

On 07/08/2020 at 18:44, johnsusername said:

The Pet Shop Boys have contributed as much to electronic music and pop as Cream did to rock. 

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20200121-why-pet-shop-boys-are-still-the-cleverest-men-in-pop 

Fair enough, I just can't compare anyone who plays an instrument to anyone who pushes buttons on an electronic thingy. 

47 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Yes it's great, what an outro, deffo one of my favourite albums along with the one he did next Boz Scaggs and Band. 

I need to check him out more to be honest. I've only really listened to him on when listening to other bands he's worked with. 

Where's the best place to start

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I need to check him out more to be honest. I've only really listened to him on when listening to other bands he's worked with. 

Silk Degrees is top Boz, great writing , great playing (Porcaro Brothers)

The two albums he sang on with Steve Miller are interesting as well.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

To be honest I've only had 3 albums. Boz Scaggs 

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

To be honest I've only had 3 albums, the one you showed recorded at Muscle Shoals, Boz Scaggs and Band which is more of a big band sound on some tracks which is great and then Silk Degrees again totally different as it's like polished discoish. 

I think he played with Steve Miller Band, I need to check him out a bit more myself. 

He did a good turn on Jools Holland a while back, with his band. 

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

1 minute ago, easytoslip said:

To be honest I've only had 3 albums. Boz Scaggs 

To be honest I've only had 3 albums, the one you showed recorded at Muscle Shoals, Boz Scaggs and Band which is more of a big band sound on some tracks which is great and then Silk Degrees again totally different as it's like polished discoish. 

I think he played with Steve Miller Band, I need to check him out a bit more myself. 

He did a good turn on Jools Holland a while back, with his band. 

Cool, I'll check them out. Back on shift tomorrow so a good time time to check him out. I can turn it up a bit being the only one in

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yes it is, I've been meaning to check the latter out for ages, what are they called? Had a few Steve Miller over the years  but can't recall Boz Scaggs being on them, I'll have to google him. 

5 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Yes it is, I've been meaning to check the latter out for ages, what are they called? Had a few Steve Miller over the years  but can't recall Boz Scaggs being on them, I'll have to google him. 

Sailor is the one most familiar with, not sure on the other one tbh

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

It would be interesting to know why electronic music is so underappreciated. Is it snobbery about electronic instruments, a misplaced belief that the artists aren't "making" the noise themselves because they're not bashing or strumming something? A musical Neo-Luddism? Does rock music appeal to something ancestral, dating back to when our caveman ancestors were literally banging rocks together?

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

Fair enough, I just can't compare anyone who plays an instrument to anyone who pushes buttons on an electronic thingy. 

Called it.

13 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Called it.

The Prodigy does not seem to have any issue with getting people excited about seeing them live. 

Are they electronic?

53 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

105630860.0.jpg

Great picture. Looks like a Renaissance painting. Would make a great puzzle. There’s a similar one of deli Ali scoring at Chelsea. I love angry away fans.