Quantcast
British Band Tournament - Round 1. Pet Shop Boys vs Cream - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

British Band Tournament - Round 1. Pet Shop Boys vs Cream

British Band Tournament - Round 1. Pet Shop Boys vs Cream  

59 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. British Band Tournament - Round 1. Pet Shop Boys vs Cream

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/08/20 at 08:51

I'll be honest, I haven't listened to much of Cream. A band that has just passed me by. I do like Pet Shop Boys though. West End Girls is one of the all time great Pop songs. 

Fuck me, one of the bands who pioneered rock vs music for yuppies dinner parties & they're level?

Seriously needs sorting this.

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Baker, Bruce and Clapton vs pretentious yuppie wankers?

I won't knock you for preferring one over the other, but if you're calling PSB pretentious yuppie wankers, then you clearly didn't understand them in the first place.

1 hour ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Baker, Bruce and Clapton vs pretentious yuppie wankers?

Eric Clapton agrees with Enoch Powell and likes to shoot animals for sport.  He also went after his good mates wife.  He’s an absolute bell end.

9 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Eric Clapton agrees with Enoch Powell and likes to shoot animals for sport.  He also went after his good mates wife.  He’s an absolute bell end.

Neil Tennant annexed Poland.

1 hour ago, KMD7 said:

Can't believe it's so close.  Pet Shop boys are decent like but Cream for me all the way.

Well, Pet Shop Boys we’re leading when I voted. I with thinking ‘another Classic TLW caper in the making’. Fortunately wiser heads are prevailing. 

• Upvote 1

Not really keen on either. Abstain.

The video above just made me think I prefer JHE in every conceivable way. Which raises a good question. Considering Jimi would not have made all that great music if it wasn't for moving to London and forming the Experience. Are they a British band?

1 minute ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Well, Pet Shop Boys we’re leading when I voted. I with thinking ‘another Classic TLW caper in the making’. Fortunately wiser heads are prevailing. 

I voted for Pet Shop Boys because they’re one of my favourites.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Not really keen on either. Abstain.

The video above just made me think I prefer JHE in every conceivable way. Which raises a good question. Considering Jimi would not have made all that great music if it wasn't for moving to London and forming the Experience. Are they a British band?

I can see your point but nah.

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

I can see your point but nah.

Got it. Only when an American is in the room.

11 minutes ago, Pidge said:

The Jimi Hendrix Experience are similar in this regard to The Police - 2 English dudes and 1 American dude.

The Police are considered a British band, so I'd be interested in hearing why JHE would not be.

7 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

The Jimi Hendrix Experience are similar in this regard to The Police - 2 English dudes and 1 American dude.

The Police are considered a British band, so I'd be interested in hearing why JHE would not be.

I see you point but I suspect most people couldn't name the English two off the top of their head.