You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

British Band Tournament - Round 1. Iron Maiden vs The Coral

Bjornebye

British Band Tournament - Round 1. Iron Maiden vs The Coral  

62 members have voted

1. 1. British Band Tournament - Round 1. Iron Maiden vs The Coral

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/08/20 at 08:47

I used to hang around with this guy, around the time the first Coral album came out (about 2000?) and he would ram new indie, generally British, rock bands down your throat. The Coral was one he went on and on about. Heard the first two albums a good few times and they were decent but some of the other stuff he used to go on about was mediocre and it was hard work having to hear about, and get copied CDs of, every new band/album that NME liked. He was a nice bloke though. 

4 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Can't believe this is a close vote! Iron Maiden are one of the greatest bands in history. The Coral just in contemporary terms are merely OK.

It's likely a combination of two things - one is that some people just don't like/get that type of metal and want nothing to do with it and the second is that The Coral are local to many people on here and hence are more well known than, say, an average indie band from somewhere else in England and therefore people are more inclined to say, "Well, the Coral are decent and I don't like Iron Maiden" and vote accordingly. 

2 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

It's likely a combination of two things - one is that some people just don't like/get that type of metal and want nothing to do with it and the second is that The Coral are local to many people on here and hence are more well known than, say, an average indie band from somewhere else in England and therefore people are more inclined to say, "Well, the Coral are decent and I don't like Iron Maiden" and vote accordingly. 

There's also a lot of people who like metal but see iron maiden as the westlife of metal.   A plastic goofy act band. 

1 minute ago, Code said:

Watched Iron Maiden in The Echo Arena in May 2017.

I was a bit disappointed they did not play this one, but it will make a mockery of the whole contest if they dont win this.

They didn’t play that ???? I’d have asked for my money back 

• Like 1

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

If you don't like loud guitars for the sake of loudness and screaming down a microphone as if was a grizzly bear trying to attack you then heavy metal is simply not your,or my thing. 

See, I don't mind a bit of that but can't be doing with stupid fantasy lyrics, spandex, shit hair and self indulgent guitar solos.