You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Toure: Van Dijk has a weakness in one on one defending 

TLW

Kolo Toure believes he has identified the weakness in the game of Virgil Van Dijk.

The big Dutch defender has been without peer over the past few years, making life a nightmare for those who comes up against him while making those around him better players.

Managers all over Europe would have had many sleepless nights as they try to find ways to bring him undone but have not had much luck in doing so.

However the former Arsenal, Man City and Reds defender believes he knows what can challenge him the most.

Toure told Stats Perform News (via the Mirror:) 

"He's an unbelievable player.

"He's a top player. He's got speed, height, he can jump. He's got technique. He can switch the game with his long passes. He has got everything.

“I haven't seen many players challenge him one on one. 

"In my opinion, that's his weakness!

"He's really tall and if you really attack him with the ball, he can struggle, but he's so clever.

"He's so clever because he drops well, but if you are really aggressive in attack in a one-on-one, I think you can get something from him.

Toure who is presently an assistant coach at Leicester believes he also has got quality players who are strong in support.

vandijk6_600.jpg

"He's a really clever player.

"He's got Joe Gomez on his side, good players on his side to help him as well. There are good players around him and I think that makes his game easy, but I think he's got so many qualities."

As champions, you expect to read more and more analysis of the Liverpool players and the tactics needed in how is the best way to dethrone us.

But there is no doubt that Jurgen and rest of the squad will be more than prepared for anything that comes their way.

View full article

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

This is all because Richarlison ran past him. He didn't have the ball like but its an obvious weakness! I hope VVD continues to be this weak for the rest of his career.

Don't forget that time Pepe beat him in a race to the touchline before losing the ball. 

57 minutes ago, Elite said:

I won't have anyone slandering our good leader. 

Well that's how it works in North Korea.

I support humour that doesn’t always translate in the written form FC, not North Korea FC

28 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I support humour that doesn’t always translate in the written form FC, not North Korea FC

I negged you regardless of any intention. It could have started a revolt and we all know that everyone that's received a fridge magnet is no longer with us. It's the Usher equivalent of an horse's head.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Elite said:

I negged you regardless of any intention. It could have started a revolt and we all know that everyone that's received a fridge magnet is no longer with us. It's the Usher equivalent of an horse's head.

Repped for placing 'an' in front of a word beginning with 'h'.

• Upvote 1